Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Corolla/Matrix/Voltz
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 03:48 PM   #1
Jon Bailey
AF Newbie

Question How well-equipped was a new 1983 Corolla Deluxe wagon?

Were any or all of these following options available on a 1983 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 5-Door Wagon automobile originally sold new in California?

1. power door locks?
2. power windows?
3. cruise control?
4. roof rack?
5. power steering?
6. factory a/c?
7. factory radio cassette stereo?
8. cloth seats?
9. mag wheels?
10. clock?
11. automatic transmission?
12. tilt steering wheel?

Many I see pictured on Google have vinyl seats. Back in 1983, could I have gotten a new Corolla Deluxe wagon with every conceivable option OTD in California for under $10,000 even with the most powerful engine option? What was the most powerful motor offered for that particular model that year?

I ask because I feel that a new 1983 Corolla Deluxe Wagon would have been my very best buy then at age 19 because I had a $10K budget then to buy any new car. I have buyer's remorse to this day for having then got a crappy way-under-equipped-car-for-the-price GM product instead. This was a crappy 1983 Chevrolet Camaro hatchback with roll-up windows, vinyl seats, AM mono Delco radio, 5-spd, 6-cyl. and no a/c even. $9,100 retail for this overpriced stripped-down stupid thing which performed lousy on curves anyway. I ran the damn thing off the rural twisty road doing 45 in a 25 and banged up against a bush over the embankment. No slot car for sure. I was a young ignorant shill for "buy American".

This car was originally $6,508 MSRP according to NADA but was standard equipment on that model?

https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1983...n/Values/Print

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Corolla/Matrix/Voltz