Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Eagle > Premier
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 05:06 PM   #1
JustRainMan
AF Newbie

I've Got A Problem With My 89 Premier

I was wondering if anyone has ever had this problem with thier eagle.At 2500 rpms my car sputters and hesitates.I also noticed that my instrument message center it says that I have a faulty oil sensor.I replaced the sensor but of course the message center still says that it is faulty.Any suggestions or solutions anyone?I also noticed that my oil gage reads high when I accelerate.
JustRainMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 09:29 PM   #2
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

Re: I've Got A Problem With My 89 Premier

howdy,

1] some increase in oil pressure is expected at acceleration, especially if oil is warm.

2] clean out your throttle-body with a good spray. Remove the air cleaner hose, and then the two Torx bolts holding the horn to the intake, spray it all out really good, including the outer linkages.

3] Toss in a concentrated injector cleaner into around a 1/2 or 3/4 full tank, and run it out until ya need gas for real, lol.

4] have ya replaced your sparkplugs recently? Are the plug-end wires tight, and especially are the distributor-end wires tight at their respective connections?

5] It is very possible ya may have to new cap and rotor, be very prepared for sticker-shock!!!!!!!!!

Rotors run $35, and a cap easy $65. HINT, get a small file, and very carefully file the rotor-end to remove corrosion, and same at ineer distributor cap contacts, preferred is some fine grit sandpaper instead of a file. Go EASY!!!!!!!! You can extend the life of these expensive parts by careful sanding. Put some di-electric greas on the rotor contacts and the dist. contacts, that helps a bit. Start with the above, and if it nada help, let us know, K?
Knifeblade is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Eagle > Premier