Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > Traffic Violations - U.S. only
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Traffic Violations - U.S. only Discuss anything conerning speeding tickets and other traffic violations in the US.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #16
BadAsspen76
AF Newbie

Re: Please advise on ticket for "Obstruction of View"

Hey just a heads up, more and more states are enforcing this law, not just as an enhancer, but as a reason to pull you over. Forget the tassles, garters and air freshners, what they are looking for now more and more are Suction Mounted GPS devices to the windshields. In one town near the school where my wife teaches, the police are targeting anyone with a windshield mounted GPS. It is a revenue generator and is not a moving violation so the town gets the money rather then going to the state funds... Obstruction of view is defined in the statutes. Some states allow for GPS mounting on the windshield but specify it needs to be all the way to the side and out of the field of view. Come on now, everyone I know mounts theirs dead center of their windshield for the best view of it as well as best reception. There are professional inexpensive alternatives, I found a mount for my TomTom GPS at a site that makes them for most vehicles and most devices. Installed real easy and works great, but the best part is its not obstructing any view and there is no reason to be targeted. The company was Proclip USA. Just take that name and add a .com and you will see what I am talking about. As far as the original topic, like others here stated, your nuts to think you would fight it especially when he saved you points and a helluva lot more in fines for running a light. get real and pay the fine.
BadAsspen76 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > Traffic Violations - U.S. only