Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Discovery | LR3 | LR4
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
shoffins
AF Newbie

Seeking owners with LR3 suspension failure for legal action

I have a 2005 LR3 with a significant, and chronic air supension failure. Appx. every 2500-3000 miles, the vehicle has experienced a suspension fault that lowers the vehicle to the bump stops and creates an unsafe driving situation (especially when towing at highway speeds), not to mention a significant and unacceptable inconvenience since I bought the vehicle to tow a boat to a location 200 miles from my home. Three separate dealers have attempted to repair the vehicle for the same issue over 7 times and it has spent countless months in the shop. While beyond Lemon Law protection, yet still under full factory warranty at 35,000 miles, Land Rover has declined to re-acquire this vehicle. And oddly, refuses to put the decision in writing and refuses to let me escalate the issue in their organization.

I am in the exploratory phase of what actions to take next and would love to know of other owners experiencing the same issues. I would also be interested in names of executives or land rover corporate employees that I can discuss my vehicle as well as the unbelievably poor and un-professional service I received from their customer assistance center.

While my exact path is undetermined at this stage, I could envision filing a class action suit, or a viral marketing and media campaign to warn others of the significant product quality and safety issues associated with this vehicle. I feel I have a public responsibility to share the truth about the quality issues surrounding this product and the lack of service I have received from Land Rover.

Also, before you flame me, I am a vehicle enthusiast and I am am sure many here will stand up for the product. I like what it's suppossed to be too. I never expected this to be a Lexus or Acura. I have owned dozens of italian, german and english sportscars and have an unusually high tollerance for vehicle issues. But I never in my wildest imagination felt I would encounter a vehicle as problematic and unsafe as my LR3 or even worse, the radically poor and unprofessional service I received from Land Rover corporate.

Please respond with any advice from past resolutions, contact info or interest in joining my efforts.

Thanks You
Steve Hoffins
shoffins@wi.rr.com
shoffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
alphaglobe
AF Newbie

Re: Seeking owners with LR3 suspension failure for legal action

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoffins View Post
I have a 2005 LR3 with a significant, and chronic air supension failure. Appx. every 2500-3000 miles, the vehicle has experienced a suspension fault that lowers the vehicle to the bump stops and creates an unsafe driving situation (especially when towing at highway speeds), not to mention a significant and unacceptable inconvenience since I bought the vehicle to tow a boat to a location 200 miles from my home. Three separate dealers have attempted to repair the vehicle for the same issue over 7 times and it has spent countless months in the shop. While beyond Lemon Law protection, yet still under full factory warranty at 35,000 miles, Land Rover has declined to re-acquire this vehicle. And oddly, refuses to put the decision in writing and refuses to let me escalate the issue in their organization.

I am in the exploratory phase of what actions to take next and would love to know of other owners experiencing the same issues. I would also be interested in names of executives or land rover corporate employees that I can discuss my vehicle as well as the unbelievably poor and un-professional service I received from their customer assistance center.

While my exact path is undetermined at this stage, I could envision filing a class action suit, or a viral marketing and media campaign to warn others of the significant product quality and safety issues associated with this vehicle. I feel I have a public responsibility to share the truth about the quality issues surrounding this product and the lack of service I have received from Land Rover.

Also, before you flame me, I am a vehicle enthusiast and I am am sure many here will stand up for the product. I like what it's suppossed to be too. I never expected this to be a Lexus or Acura. I have owned dozens of italian, german and english sportscars and have an unusually high tollerance for vehicle issues. But I never in my wildest imagination felt I would encounter a vehicle as problematic and unsafe as my LR3 or even worse, the radically poor and unprofessional service I received from Land Rover corporate.

Please respond with any advice from past resolutions, contact info or interest in joining my efforts.

Thanks You
Steve Hoffins
shoffins@wi.rr.com

any news or help from anybody ?
alphaglobe is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Discovery | LR3 | LR4