Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
starret30
AF Newbie

92 maxima power lock problem

I have a 92 Maxima. Power windows work all four doors but when I push the power lock button I hear a clicking under the dash. I looked under the dash and found where the clicking is coming from. Do I need to replace the box under the dash or something else and is that the power lock relay or something else.
starret30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:33 AM   #2
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Re: 92 maxima power lock problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by starret30 View Post
I have a 92 Maxima. Power windows work all four doors but when I push the power lock button I hear a clicking under the dash. I looked under the dash and found where the clicking is coming from. Do I need to replace the box under the dash or something else and is that the power lock relay or something else.
dunno maybe ... not

If power is missing, click wont deliver. Check fuses first, measure voltage ... see door lock info via link below

Maxima INFO pages was deliberately trashed (!?) by Cardomain; dont goto http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507

There was a special Car Electronics -page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/14
Nahkapohjola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:15 PM   #3
starret30
AF Newbie

I fixed my locks.. The power lock timer had a bad connection on the board...I found the timer which is under the dash on the right of the steering wheel in a black box...I took the board out of the black box and soldered the connection on the board..and put it back in all new. Its better then buying a new one.
starret30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:35 AM   #4
Funk-O-Meter
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starret30 View Post
I fixed my locks.. The power lock timer had a bad connection on the board...I found the timer which is under the dash on the right of the steering wheel in a black box...I took the board out of the black box and soldered the connection on the board..and put it back in all new. Its better then buying a new one.
That's a popular problem with 3rd gens.
Funk-O-Meter is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35