Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
fnasir
AF Newbie

Question Nissan Cefiro - Idling/driving rpm problem

My nissan cefiro idle rpm fluctuate between 1000 and 1700 automatically in addition to staying comparitively high while driving. This happened after my mechanic replace the platinum spark plugs as well as serviced the air inlet valve. Could any one help i will be very greatful.
BR/Faisal
fnasir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:48 AM   #2
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Re: Nissan Cefiro - Idling/driving rpm problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnasir View Post
My nissan cefiro idle rpm fluctuate between 1000 and 1700 automatically in addition to staying comparitively high while driving. This happened after my mechanic replace the platinum spark plugs as well as serviced the air inlet valve. Could any one help i will be very greatful.
BR/Faisal
---> ..."serviced the air inlet valve" ... Typically air leak(s), sticking valve.

Car model, mileage?

Maxima INFO pages was deliberately trashed (!?) by Cardomain; dont goto http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507

There was a special Car Electronics -page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/14
Nahkapohjola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:07 AM   #3
fnasir
AF Newbie

Thanks for your reply. This is Nissan Cefiro model 2006 with a V6 engine (VQ23). http://www.ghandharanissan.com.pk/cefiro.htm. The servicing of the air inlet valve was to clean the carbin. The mileage is 43000km. What could be the reason of rpm going up and down. By the way there was no problem before this service. Look forward to your reply.
fnasir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #4
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. This is Nissan Cefiro model 2006 with a V6 engine (VQ23). http://www.ghandharanissan.com.pk/cefiro.htm. The servicing of the air inlet valve was to clean the carbin. The mileage is 43000km. What could be the reason of rpm going up and down. By the way there was no problem before this service. Look forward to your reply.
If there was no problem before this service, why was this 'cleaning' performed at all? By whom? (Normally at 43k there is no reason for 'cleanin' - maybe airfilter swap.). Also platinum plugs do last 100.000km (60k miles).

As said, highly possible theres now air leak in the gaskets/tubings at 'serviced' area and/or loose/open connectors. Leaking air bypasses airflow measurement (MAF) and ECU computer is fooled - thus the fuel injection becomes erroneus. Self diagnostics may give an error code pointing to the problem. This repair shop should diagnose it plus repair what they broke - free.

If the service was done in the shop(s) mentioned above, bring your vehicle back and go through the problem with a service mgr. They should repair it free... If not, contact the head office http://www.ghandharanissan.com.pk/contact.htm . I suspect Cefiro is quite rare there? If so, typically only main office service dpt has competent =trained service personnel

Maxima INFO pages was deliberately trashed (!?) by Cardomain; dont goto http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507

There was a special Car Electronics -page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/14
Old 06-18-2009, 05:45 AM   #5
monhwan
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Nissan Cefiro - Idling/driving rpm problem

Quote:
BR/Faisal
I had the same problem with my Cefiro a while back. My Cefiro is model 1997, the first model/version that went out in the Philippine market which had the 2.0 liter V6 24valve engine and 4-speed auto transmission. The rpm/idling normally before this problem was at 700-800 but it went up to 1100-1300. Then it was time for its periodic maintenance so I also related this problem to the Service advisor to have checked. He didn't acually pin-pointed the problem as he just did the standard maintenance work of oil change, oil filter change, alternator/aircon belt replace, tightening of the power steering belt, etc... But fortunately the idling problem was gone. So I was happy that it was fixed, the problem was gone while I use the car for a few days but then again it came back. I searched the internet for tips on how to fix this and most of the time they always say to have the air throttle control valve cleaned same as what you did. So I sent back my Cefiro to the Nissan dealer and service to have this done. The labor was expensive just for cleaning cost me around P2500 or usd50 but sad to say the problem still persists. The service advisor said that it might be because of the old transmission of the car thats causing it but he was not sure. So I just left and had not let him serviced my transmission to avoid expensive repairs again. I continued to use the Cefiro for a few days but the problem is still there, I was contemplating on how to solve this. So while thinking of a solution I traced back the other time when I 1st went for service. I double checked the on what was done then that stopped the problem. Then I had a hunch that it was the power steering belt, since the service advisor said they just tightened the belt and not replace it. So I went to him and told him to replace the power steering belt instead. Then to my surprise the idling went back to normal again at 700. We both looked at the old power steering belt and it was a little worn out but not that much. He said that a worn out belt would make a squealing sound but this belt wasn't totally worn out thats why it wasnt making any sound. But, it may be slipping already which causes the engine to adjust the idling higher to cope with slipping belt and keep the power steering work normal. So there you go problem solved with just the power steering belt replaced. It's not an expensive replacement so you try this too in case it might solve your idling problem too. Good Luck!
monhwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:59 AM   #6
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by monhwan View Post
I had the same problem ... So there you go problem solved with just the power steering belt replaced. It's not an expensive replacement so you try this too in case it might solve your idling problem too. Good Luck!
Check also spare tire pressure - most often helps...

Old 06-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
Boysmaira
AF Newbie

Re: Nissan Cefiro 230JM - Engine Mount and Rodend

Hello,
I am in need of some expert assistance.
I have a Nissan Cefiro 230JM, engine: VQ23.
I am having a difficult time finding the parts as the model is quite rare here in our country i.e. Fiji Islands.

My mechanic have already replaced Shocks, Bearing, Links, bushing after it has done 100,000km. We had to wait for alomosta month for the part to be ordered to Singapore.

Now, another problems pops up and I need to order it ASAP!!!
Engine Mount and Rodend for the front.
Kindly appreciate if someone can provide me with the correct number for the Engine Mount, so that I can order it through our local part supplier that go through.

Carpenters Motors are the agent for Nissan, but they don't even have these parts or even this model Cefiro. It is a wonderfull driving car and goo executive outfit. We love it! but the parts is a factor for us.

Await for a favourable assistance from someone who knows about Nissan Cefiro 230JM.

Thank you kindly.

Boysmaira
Fiji Islands
Boysmaira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:10 AM   #8
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Re: Nissan Cefiro 230JM - Engine Mount and Rodend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boysmaira View Post
.... Engine Mount and Rodend for the front....
I bet the rod end is generic; check/compare with buebird/stanza. Overall models share 70% (?) of the Nissan 'spares pool', some may need for some minor modding (stealership refu$e$ to do).

I guess same could be with the mount. Anyways some mounts can be stiffened by pouring in with urethane. (alas may become too stiff). Example why stealerships "dont know": here a old Peugeot RV mount assy was priced at 250€; I got a generic (just rubber insert) with 18€ ...

Most nissan gearboxes/engine blocks etc have extra support bracket bolt holes for various chassis models. One can use such an attachment and add/weld on one extra 'VW mount' sharing the load with the worn part...
Find a mech who can improvise... these bits should really not pose a problem. Yes I know 'normal' mechs will drop their eyes out when confronted such a task - the issue for u is findin a open minded proficient handyman.

Last edited by Nahkapohjola; 06-21-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:16 PM   #9
cashneel22
AF Newbie

replaced a second hand engine in a nissan cefiro
VIN: JN1CAUA33Z0140930
OLD ENGINE #: VQ20259949AP1320155
NEW ENGINE #: VQ20090806A
wen trying to start,engine gives a backfire and does not idle
we opened all the 6injectors n checked that all the injectors were working properly
while accelerating the speed, engine misses n backfires
cashneel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #10
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashneel22 View Post
replaced a second hand engine in a nissan cefiro
VIN: JN1CAUA33Z0140930
OLD ENGINE #: VQ20259949AP1320155
NEW ENGINE #: VQ20090806A
wen trying to start,engine gives a backfire and does not idle
we opened all the 6injectors n checked that all the injectors were working properly
while accelerating the speed, engine misses n backfires
Run self diagnostics.

Check ignition timing, get new --non Bosch-- iridium plugs, if no help there - test try new MAF, then new coilpacks

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
rpm fluctuation problem
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35