Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 02:04 PM   #1
Dougn2007
AF Newbie

1996 Roadmaster Twilight no rear tail light

I have a 96 roadmaster with twilight sentinal. It will auto turn on the head lights, but the inst. panel & tail lights won't come on automatically. Brake lights work. If use the manual head lights switch, the panel lights & tail lights work. I have checked the module, both relays work. I have checked all fuses in the left column with an VOM,. I think it is a loose connection or relay because at first, when they didn't work, it was intermittent. Some times worked then didn't work, if it was a fuse I don't think it would be intermitent. It's not that I can't pull on the light switch to be able to drive, it's just there & I would like to have it work right. I took it to a dealer, asked the service manager, he looked at it scatched his head. He said that they could dig around & find it, never seen one like that. I thought for $70 plus a hour, I wasn't it that big of a rush! Thanks
Dougn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:31 PM   #2
Dougn2007
AF Newbie

Re: 1996 Roadmaster Twilight no rear tail light

I found it today. I realized that I was going on a 4000 mile road and I really wanted it to work. I went to my bone yard to try to find some replacement parts. After I got over the culture shock & the fact he didn't have any of them. We looked up the drawing on his all-data machine and I went home started with my VOM. I found a cold solder joint on a relay on the control module mounted in the right pillar. At first, I thought it was the contact on the relay, but when I shorted across the contact on the conponent side of board, & it still didn't work. It had be scatching my head, then looked harder at solder connections. BINGO!
Dougn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster