Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 04:05 PM   #1
clydehowell
AF Newbie

Maxima's, 1996 to 2001, Any chronic problems?

Hello, I am new to this forum.
I am considering replacing my failing '85 Monte Carlo with a Maxima between 1996 & 2001. But, I am confused & overwelmed by the amount of information on the internet about Chronic problems with these cars.
Is there anyone that can tell me which is the most reliabe year between '96 & '01 ? And, if there isa certain year, are there any chronic problems that I should be aware of? I know nothing about working on cars, and would greatly appreciate any advice that anyone can give me.

Yhank you,
Clyde Howell
clydehowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:56 PM   #2
Mrbizness1
AF Regular

Re: Maxima's, 1996 to 2001, Any chronic problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydehowell
Hello, I am new to this forum.
I am considering replacing my failing '85 Monte Carlo with a Maxima between 1996 & 2001. But, I am confused & overwelmed by the amount of information on the internet about Chronic problems with these cars.
Is there anyone that can tell me which is the most reliabe year between '96 & '01 ? And, if there isa certain year, are there any chronic problems that I should be aware of? I know nothing about working on cars, and would greatly appreciate any advice that anyone can give me.

Yhank you,
Clyde Howell
What type of chronic problems are to referring to. The internet has very usefull info on cars but it should not be the only factor in making a purchase decision since most car owners with no problems will not bother to post anything. The Maxima has been around a long time and there are so many of them on the road which might account for much of the problems you read about. My daughter has driven a 96 Maxima for 4 1/2 years, the only problem she has had is the alternator 2 times. She also goes throught front pads every 12k but I know thats her driving habits.
Good luck
Mrbizness1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 02:15 PM   #3
zbukhari
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Maxima '92

I had a Maxima '92 SE, bought pre-owned with 130K had no issues, after another 100K, inspection fail in NJ. I decided to buy new Maxima 2000. Had no complains, MAF replacement was the only major expense.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:27 PM   #4
clydehowell
AF Newbie

Re: Maxima '92

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbukhari
I had a Maxima '92 SE, bought pre-owned with 130K had no issues, after another 100K, inspection fail in NJ. I decided to buy new Maxima 2000. Had no complains, MAF replacement was the only major expense.
Thank you for your help.
C. Howell
clydehowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:46 AM   #5
bilder
AF Newbie

gfff
bilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:48 AM   #6
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilder View Post
gfff
Any [gfff] isnt chronic, neither Maxima prblm
Nahkapohjola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:49 AM   #7
rather_b_boatin
AF Regular

My wifes car (2001 se) has needed rear calipers, alternator, MAF, abs wheel sensor, &a pre cat. (Under cali emission warranty)
rather_b_boatin is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35