Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Rumors
Rumors What have you heard? Tales of the MKV, concepts and spy pics.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 10:11 PM   #1
phatsupraprson
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to phatsupraprson
anybody know about new supra skyline or rx7?

Hey does anyone actually know if theres gona be a new supra skyline or rx7 in the US or Canada? and wen?
phatsupraprson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 03:14 AM   #2
NerveAgent
AF Enthusiast

Re: anybody know about new supra skyline or rx7?

Yeah a new rx7 is coming out. Its going to be rotary, two seater, and thats all that is known. The "skyline" is already out in the US and its badged as the "Infinity G35" It comes in a coupe of sedan. No official word on the "Skyline GT-R" (the one you prolly wanna know about) the GT-R will probably have a differnet body and enigine. I thinking twin turbo'd. Supra.. Hmm i heard in the new "Sport Compact Car" mag there is an article of a new "supra" with a lexus badge. So if or when it comes out in the US it will probably have a LEXUS badge on it. Its probably in the works. If you're near a news stand or some place that sell's "Sport Compact Car Magazine" you should check it out. It has all info about the "new supposed supra".
NerveAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 11:49 PM   #3
TRD3000GT
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to TRD3000GT
Exclamation Re: Re: anybody know about new supra skyline or rx7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerveAgent
Yeah a new rx7 is coming out. Its going to be rotary, two seater, and thats all that is known. The "skyline" is already out in the US and its badged as the "Infinity G35" It comes in a coupe of sedan. No official word on the "Skyline GT-R" (the one you prolly wanna know about) the GT-R will probably have a differnet body and enigine. I thinking twin turbo'd. Supra.. Hmm i heard in the new "Sport Compact Car" mag there is an article of a new "supra" with a lexus badge. So if or when it comes out in the US it will probably have a LEXUS badge on it. Its probably in the works. If you're near a news stand or some place that sell's "Sport Compact Car Magazine" you should check it out. It has all info about the "new supposed supra".
News flash.there is a new RX-7 out there.It's called the RX-8 . duh. As for the Skyline info, he's right. I checked it off the Japanese website myself. its basically the G35 with a different engine. It's nothing special, definately not a GT-R. it's got the same powerplant as the new Nissan sport SUV, the Murano (infiniti FX35/FX45). As for the new Supra, I hope there's a new one on its way... as for the fact that by the time i can aford to buy a used one (20-30k US$) they'll probably all have 100,000+ on the odometer.

My favourite car is a 1997 Toyota Supra Turbo with the 2JZ-GTE engine.
TRD3000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:52 PM   #4
TRD2000
AF Enthusiast

DUH! theres a new RX7! The RX8 is a different car, seen the prototypes and stuff looks good, going back to a nice small car, more angular than the RX8. more power, should be a better developed renisis rotary. skyline info's right. and lots of speculation on supra.
TRD2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 01:55 AM   #5
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: anybody know about new supra skyline or rx7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD3000GT
News flash.there is a new RX-7 out there.It's called the RX-8 . duh. As for the Skyline info, he's right. I checked it off the Japanese website myself. its basically the G35 with a different engine. It's nothing special, definately not a GT-R. it's got the same powerplant as the new Nissan sport SUV, the Murano (infiniti FX35/FX45). As for the new Supra, I hope there's a new one on its way... as for the fact that by the time i can aford to buy a used one (20-30k US$) they'll probably all have 100,000+ on the odometer.
hey guy watch what you say.. rumors say there will be another RX7 any idiot and his mom knows that the rx8 is out.. there is supposed to be another rotary car that replaces the rx7, just like the mx3 turned into the mazda 3 and the mx6 turned into the mazda 6 and the mx5 is the miata.. the rx8 DID NOT replace the rx7.. they should be makign another one shortly.. the rx8 just isn't what most peopel expected
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 01:44 PM   #6
TRD2000
AF Enthusiast

good call huggie... total agreement and i'd go the matrix over the scion on that next car... bit like rx7 vs rx8, rx8(scion) is nice, but it really hasn't got what it takes and its more for show, the rx7(matrix) was less practical, more high strung, but it performed! so will the next one!
TRD2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 04:06 AM   #7
DarkStarRacing
AF Newbie

Re: Re: anybody know about new supra skyline or rx7?

rumored to be next supra:

V6 350HP NA(rumored but mostly confirmed)
pictures were taken off of suprastore.com and read from various other websites.

next skyline gtr that will be sold in the states:
http://www.fast-autos.net/nissan/nissangtr.html

as for the rx7...sorry havent heard anything..
DarkStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 07:14 PM   #8
Da_Bagel
AF Regular

Looks good, except for the front. It looks too modern. The left and right side look wicked though.
Da_Bagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 05:14 AM   #9
DarkStarRacing
AF Newbie

Re: Re: anybody know about new supra skyline or rx7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Bagel
Looks good, except for the front. It looks too modern. The left and right side look wicked though.
i agree. alot of people agree also that it looks similar the the aston martin vanquish. im also liking how they did the tail lights. too bad they wont actually be blue. that would be awesome.
DarkStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:47 AM   #10
CaTasHtRoPhE 67
AF Enthusiast

the front just doesnt look like that classic supra but its still nice i guess
CaTasHtRoPhE 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 02:15 AM   #11
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

it seems like the japanese are going the way of most european cars.. going all N/A.. which also takes away the hassle of making a turbo/tt engine and that'll save $ and time.. it'll also be cheaper for us if its N/A
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 03:36 PM   #12
TRD2000
AF Enthusiast

mainly due to US market emissions problems/complience.

front looks like an old school celica was it
T22 and T18? maybe crossed between that and an Astin Martin cause thats the size the thing is! and prob the market style...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Rumors