Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 02:10 AM   #1
wardak33
AF Newbie

97 altima w/ p0325 code.

My altima with a 2.4l has a bouncing idle at a stop and sometimes it even stalls. No CELs but i hooked up a scan tool to it and got a p0325 code for a knock sensor malfunction. Do knock sensors cause a bouncing idle and stall? I couldn't find any oil leaking from the valve cover gasket or on the distributor. And the MAF sensor is clean. could it be the knock sensor? I know where the knock sensor is but why do some say it is difficult to replace? any advice would be great. thanks!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
joltinjoe10
AF Newbie

Re: 97 altima w/ p0325 code.

Hey, I'm having very similar problems with my 97 Altima. It's been stalling on my since 10/08. Codes also came up knock sensor and I've replaced plugs, wires, fuel filter (2x), and distributor cap. One guy told me to replace the crankshaft position sensor because he was having the same problems w/his 97 Altima. -Others say the distributor itself, and a few said knock sensor. I'm not really sure which route to go, so I'm starting with the cheapest: crankshaft position sensor. Let me know what you come up with. I'll do the same. My email is: dolphins2k1@hotmail.com
joltinjoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
e8octvz@yahoo.com
AF Newbie

Re: 97 altima w/ p0325 code.

my 97 altima is doin the same!!!! any answers???? ive done the cap,rotor,egr tested,tps replaced,plugs,wires,valve cover gasket"leaked",still no change!!!! some days runs great then all of a sudden runs like junk, no power, stalls when stopped. i also here engine noise through the stereo which points to something ingnition..and i pulled the same code

Last edited by e8octvz@yahoo.com; 08-22-2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: forgot something
e8octvz@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima