Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars
Classic Cars Do you just love the classics?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 08:13 PM   #1
Cobra427
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Cobra427 Send a message via Yahoo to Cobra427
66 Pontiac Executive

I got a 1966 Pontiac Star Chief Executive 2Dr here and was wondering if it was a rare or desireable car...

Only reason I ask is cause Ive been told it was a 1 year car and only like 10000 2drs were made and I cant find much info on it.

Ive been think'n hard on selling it. It needs to be restored but I'm disabled and am gonna be in and out of surgery for a year or 2 so I cant do anything with it. Also my garage is full and I dont want that car to sit in my driveway to die from a Maine winter

If I am to sell it I dont want to judge the pricing on a few non reliable sources and try to sell it for 3-4 times its value ... or 3-4 times under its value ...

This is my first of what I hope to be many classics in my future but I got it in a bad time lol . Hopefully after the work on my legs is done I will be able to walk better and actually get a job so support my addiction.....

OH! I also have a 1936 Dodge Brothers Pickup in dire need of help .. Well I dont its my dads and not officaly for sale or anything but he is think'n about selling it so it might end up on here soon if anyone is interested.
Cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:22 PM   #2
KManiac
AF Enthusiast

Re: 66 Pontiac Executive

The Star Chief/Executive was the low-priced trim level for the full-size Pontiac line. To elaborate, the mid-priced, full-size Pontiac was the Catalina, the high-priced model was the Bonneville and the top-of-the-line, premium model the Grand Prix (the Grand Prix became a mid-size model in 1969). I once knew a person who owned a 1965 Star Chief 4-door sedan back in the early 1980's. I remember seeing Pontiac Executive's (without the Star Chief designation) in the late 1960's and early 1970's.

I am sure it is a very nice car in its own right, but from a collector's point of view, it may not be as desirable as a fully loaded Grand Prix hardtop, Bonneville convertible, or Catalina 2+2. Now there are people out there who have an attraction to the low-priced models. You just have to work hard to find them.

For a good "ballpark" estimate of value, get your hands on the latest "Old Cars Price Guide".

Good luck with your Pontiac.

1962 Chrysler 300 2-door hardtop/1964 Chrysler 300-K convertible/1964 Chrysler Newport 4-door sedan/1964 Chrysler 300-K hardtop with Firepower 390/2x1964 Chrysler 300-K hardtop/1964 Chrysler 300 convertible/1964 Chrysler "Silver 300-K" with factory 4-speed/1964 Chrysler New Yorker Salon/1980 Dodge D-50 Sport/1986 Lincoln Continental/1989 Honda Accord DX/1989 Lincoln Mark VII BB/1991 Dodge Shadow ES convertible
KManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:39 AM   #3
phantomcobra
AF Newbie

Blue Book is available on line as is Manheim Gold and NADA.
04 Cavalier (auto, 4 door, 2.2L)
*seems like my engines keep getting smaller
phantomcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:03 AM   #4
EricT369
AF Newbie

I owned a 66 Executive when I was 16. It was a 2 door with black vinyl interior and factory air. I have been looking along time for another and they are rare. I've seen the Star Chief Executives, but mine had only Executive on the dash, Pontiac on the deck and 3 chrome bars on the rear panels.
EricT369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
Raz45
AF Newbie

I cannot add any value related inormation, but, I also have a 66 Executive coupe (more pictures here: http://www.russellrazholder.com/public_docs/forsale.php#exectv), with a 455cid engine which ran GREAT, but, sadly has been parked for some years now... need to retrieve from its home away from home and clean it up; athough not actually for sale (sentimental value), I might consider selling but only so I could have the cash to get an old ford pickup... Knuckleheads Forever!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCP_1605c.jpg (236.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DCP_1607c.jpg (204.9 KB, 2 views)
Raz45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz45 View Post
I cannot add any value related inormation, but, I also have a 66 Executive coupe (more pictures here: http://www.russellrazholder.com/public_docs/forsale.php#exectv), with a 455cid engine which ran GREAT, but, sadly has been parked for some years now... need to retrieve from its home away from home and clean it up; athough not actually for sale (sentimental value), I might consider selling but only so I could have the cash to get an old ford pickup... Knuckleheads Forever!
Welcome to AF.

Nice car. Too bad it had to sit. Please send more pics if or when you get to work on it.

Does it have a 455? The original engine should be a standard 389 or an optional 421. The 421 was very cool, some versions had a lot of vintage, rare hi-po factory equipment.
If it really is a 455, it's been swapped-in at some point.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #7
Rebelchic
AF Newbie

My first car was the 66 Pontiac Star Chief Executive and I've still got it....unfortunatly it's not in running condition any more. It's got the 389 in it. One of the guys in our car club did tell me that there weren't a lot of them made as most were 4 door and ours is a 2 door. We're hoping to get started restoring it soon (but right now we're in the middle of restoring a 64 Oldsmobile 98 and an 87 Alfa Graduate).
Rebelchic is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars