Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 08:34 PM   #1
jamesmetairie
AF Enthusiast

forenza= happy owners????????

i,m thinking of buying a used forenza for reliability. does that sound like a good idea? i like the looks and japanese cars are usually mechanically good. what,s your opinion ?
jamesmetairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:02 PM   #2
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: forenza= happy owners????????

Well, Suzuki is not like most other Japanese cars, the brand does very poorly in initial quality surveys (actually they are in last place of 146 brands, for last year.) This does not mean they are bad cars; they are better than the highest quality car of 12-15 years ago, but are behind all the other brands.

These cars give you lots of stuff for the money when new, so they are considered good value. However, their resale value simply plummits fast and far.
Do some research, shop around and you should be able to get a used one really cheap. Just do not expect to sell it to someone else for much.
Check out here for owner written reviews
http://carsurvey.org/model_Suzuki_Forenza.html
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 12:09 AM   #3
jamesmetairie
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: forenza= happy owners????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicRat
Well, Suzuki is not like most other Japanese cars, the brand does very poorly in initial quality surveys (actually they are in last place of 146 brands, for last year.) This does not mean they are bad cars; they are better than the highest quality car of 12-15 years ago, but are behind all the other brands.

These cars give you lots of stuff for the money when new, so they are considered good value. However, their resale value simply plummits fast and far.
Do some research, shop around and you should be able to get a used one really cheap. Just do not expect to sell it to someone else for much.
Check out here for owner written reviews
http://carsurvey.org/model_Suzuki_Forenza.html
i better just keep my 1994 geo prizm and fix the automatic transmission problem.i ain,t about to spend 9 0r 10 grand for a forenza and have to marry the car.
jamesmetairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:44 PM   #4
NiRi
AF Newbie

I recently bought a Forenza and I love it! I fell in love with my car the moment I saw it... and I was in the market for a vehicle for a couple of months prior to my purchase, so I've seen many other vehicles. My Forenza was 3 years old when I got it and it was fairly priced. I bought it for $6,650 (that's including sales tax, license & registration, etc.) and it had 61k+ miles on it. Anyway, I love it and I am very happy with my choice. But if you get one, make sure that the dealership you get the car from, gives you the tool for your rims if they're aftermarket. I never got one until my tire became flat and I needed a tool to get it changed. Luckily I got a free tool for my rims and a free patch service for my tire at the Suzuki dealership. They were very nice and I'm very pleased with my purchase...
NiRi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:45 AM   #5
michaelmm
AF Newbie

Niri You are a lucky person who loves that.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:44 AM   #6
NiRi
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmm
Niri You are a lucky person who loves that.
I take it you don't like your Forenza? I do think I got lucky with my car, because I've seen a lot of cars that were around the same price range as mine, but they were in crappy condition or worse than my Forenza. The only thing that bugs me about my car, is this rattling noise that I hear whenever I drive and/or hit a bump (but it is random). It's coming from the passanger side rear. I haven't been able to figure out what it could be. Maybe it's the jack moving around in the trunk?
NiRi is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > General Discussion