Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Shows
Car Shows Discuss anything related to the car shows around the globe. Post the pictures you took, etc.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 10:30 AM   #1
Pogo72
AF Newbie

Car Show Judging

Could someone give me some input on using peer judging at a car show. We are thinking of using this type of judging at an upcoming show. It is not an AACA type of show, it will be a show and shine kind of thing. Clean it up, bring it out and have some fun. 40+ classes, all types of cars/trucks, awards for the top three in each class.

Have you been in a show with a peer judging format? Good points? Bad points? Things to watch out for?

What I was thinking is to give every entrant a judging sheet and have them pick the top three cars in each class. This would be done over a 2 to 3 hour period. Sheets are turned in (you must turn in a completed judging sheet to be eligible for an award) and the votes are counted. Points are assigned for each vote, 1st=5, 2nd=3 and 3rd+1, add up the points, and the top three in each class get an award.

What to ya think? Any info / advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Al
Old 02-04-2002, 11:10 AM   #2
Hudson
Old Mod

I've judged at Concours events and I see the benefit in "peer judging" but I lean in favor of a judging panel. Gather a group of volunteers who have nothing to gain in voting for any of the vehicles. If you have enough people, randomly group them in small teams and divide up the categories.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 11:33 AM   #3
Pogo72
AF Newbie

Hudson,
Thanks for the reply. Your sugestion is the way we have done many car shows in the past. What I am trying to do is to keep it simple. Cut down on the work that the judging teams had to do, involve the entrants in the show process, let them see and be involved in the cars of the other classes instead of wiping their car down and then setting up their chair and cooler and taking a nap until the awards are given out. Would the opinions of 100+ car nuts voting on their car be more meaningful than the opinions of a team of 4-5 ??

Just looking for some input.
Old 02-06-2002, 08:53 AM   #4
Hudson
Old Mod

One of the potential problems with allowing the exhibitors to do all of the voting is that a small group can coordinate their efforts and "stuff the ballot box." I enjoy seeing "people's choice" or, in this case, "exhibitor's choice"...but if you want a real winner, (in my opinion) you need some "professional" judges (they don't have to be professionals...just people who have no stake in who wins).
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 08:49 AM   #5
donnyg39
AF Newbie

need help...putting on first car show and need judging forms could someone please email me with a form they use for local shows..show will be open ,mostly streetrods and classics,with some new and imports....thanks any help will be greatly appreciated...donnyg39@b3llsouth.net
donnyg39 is offline   Reply With Quote