Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #31
Mr_Me
AF Newbie

Dealers can't help me! Or can they ?

Yes, most people will tell you, you have to go to the dealer, but the dealer does not store any codes there or on their computers.
They have a list of 800#'s they use, depending on an Identification number on a sticker attached to the stereo.
If you have the stereo out & in your hands when you call the dealer, & tell them up front that you have the ID # for the stereo, 99% of the time they will give you the 800#.
THE ONLY THING IS, is that when you call the 800#,
The vehicle identification # MUST MATCH the vehicle owner that they have on file. If not then the owner on file must call and give information only they would know.
The operator at the 800# I called when I did my next door neighbors Honda CVCC ,wanted her name , address & telephone # at the time of registration , Date of birth , Vehicle Identification # and a 10 digit # on a sticker on the radio.
This 800 # was given to me by the Honda dealer FREE and the call was made & all FREE.

If it's a legitimate claim and the stereo is not stolen & you can easily & freely get & give the proper info it's very easy to do.
The only work is removing & re-installing the stereo
Mr_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #32
tmctague
AF Newbie

Re: Aveo factory radio unlock code- DEALERS CAN'T HELP ME!

I had the same problem. We installed a different radio, but that one does not work either! The code is on the radio itself, right? Why wouldn't an after market stereo work?

We ended up blowing a fuse, couldn't get it out of park, and had to take the car to get serviced. Not happy with Chevy on this one...
tmctague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:19 AM   #33
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmctague View Post
I had the same problem. We installed a different radio, but that one does not work either! The code is on the radio itself, right? Why wouldn't an after market stereo work?

We ended up blowing a fuse, couldn't get it out of park, and had to take the car to get serviced. Not happy with Chevy on this one...
I see that you took your vehicle in to get it serviced - was everything successfully resolved?

Sarah
GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #34
tmctague
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCustomerService View Post
I see that you took your vehicle in to get it serviced - was everything successfully resolved?

Sarah
GM Customer Service
Wow, I did not expect someone from GM to answer my request. Thank you. My mechanic repaired the issue to get the car out of park by replacing a fuse. However he could not get the aftermarket radio to work.

Also, the recalled seatbelts on the 2004 Aveo have failed again. We have to replace all of them, as well as the seatbelts on our Suburban. On both, the mechanism sticks, and you cannot pull the seatbelt forward. What is the lifetime of seatbelts?

Thanks again for your reply, I'm impressed that you monitor this forum.
tmctague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #35
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmctague View Post
Wow, I did not expect someone from GM to answer my request. Thank you. My mechanic repaired the issue to get the car out of park by replacing a fuse. However he could not get the aftermarket radio to work.

Also, the recalled seatbelts on the 2004 Aveo have failed again. We have to replace all of them, as well as the seatbelts on our Suburban. On both, the mechanism sticks, and you cannot pull the seatbelt forward. What is the lifetime of seatbelts?

Thanks again for your reply, I'm impressed that you monitor this forum.
I would be happy to look further into your seatbelt inquiry. Initially, my investigation into the resources I have available didn't show much, but I would be able to learn much more with the last 8 digits of your VIN, which you can send to me in a private message.

All the best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #36
emasaurus
AF Newbie

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME TYPING IN RANDOM NUMBERS!!!!!! My battery died and I had to do a whole lot of searching the web to find out an easier way than typing in random numbers!
There should be a plastic card similar to a credit card with your owners manual packet. It will have a 4 digit code number on it. There is a slot at dash level in the driver's side door. turn the ignition to the position where your dash lights come on and turn on the radio. Insert the card into the slot and, using the numbers on the radio, punch in the card code number. (I don't understand the whole, putting the card in the slot, just typing in your number listed on there works just fine) Radio should come back to life. If no card can be found, contact a Chevy dealer fo a replacement card.
This card saved me hours of trying to figure out what number I had to use to unlock my radio!
emasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #37
ricebike
AF Enthusiast

emasaurus, if you read the past postings from used car owners...

they don't have that owner's manual packet with the plastic credit card ~

thus they need to find other ways of getting the code without getting RAPED from the stealership

viva la internet!

Quote:
If no card can be found, contact a Chevy dealer fo a replacement card.
from what i'm getting from other members here, they are being charged for it... if they find their code, then they can supply their own marker & write it in the glovebox!
ricebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #38
chevypetpeeves
AF Newbie

Hello all you Chevy Aveo owners that are so frustrated with the radio code such as I am. As with some of you I bought mine used and it did not come with an owners manual or a radio code. (never seen this before in my life, weird!!) Anyway, left the lights on one day, the battery went dead and then I had no radio for some time, just this annoying word flashing on the radio "CODE _ _ _ _" Holy Crap!!! Moving on, I asked my wife to start looking on the net for some answers, she came across this blog within 5 minutes, printed out the list that a couple of members posted, went to the car and the 5th code she tried worked!! Horray!!! I would like to personally thank everyone who spent time into getting these codes and sharing them with the rest of us.

Don't pay a dealer to do this. One of these codes will probably work, it's like programming a universal remote really. The garages are just looking to make an extra buck from us poor car owners. We pay for enough, thanks to the smarts of some people out there we are able to figure some of the small things out for ourselves.

Thanks again everyone, you have saved someone alot of grief
chevypetpeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #39
danielsatur
AF Enthusiast

It's probably best to get a new JVC FM stereo with a USB conn for a thumb drive, Aux port for Ipod/IPad, and audio Blue Tooth for Google voice, Maps, Hulu plus, pandora. and WWW.

Caution-
A 12VDC memory saver tool is used to save codes during a battery replacement.

Last edited by danielsatur; 07-10-2012 at 11:02 PM.
danielsatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:57 AM   #40
ihabaly
AF Newbie

I have the same problem and went to my dealer. I got a code 3681, however the keyboard only have numbers from 1 to 6. Any clue?
ihabaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:34 PM   #41
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Key on, radio on....

You press the hour button, until the first two digits appear..."36"...

Then you press the minute button until "81" appears....

Then you press the AM/FM button and "SEC" will appear...

Turn ignition off for 5 seconds....then turn ignition to on and turn on radio...
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:26 AM   #42
bgmilew
AF Newbie

Hallo, you can check for codes and bins over here: http://service-diagrams.com/
bgmilew is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo