Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > C-Class
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
april520
AF Newbie

Please Help! C63 AMG vs. Jaguar XFR

Hello everyone, I am totally new to this website but I need your expert advise asap! I am trying to decide between the 2 different models and I need your help with your input in this matter. I know this is a MB forum but if there's anyone that can provide an honest opinion, feel free to add your comment!

1. 2009 MB C63 AMG silver, fully loaded minus the performance package
2. 2010 Jaguar XFR, black fully loaded with everything

both have low mileage, clean, and accident free

any thoughts?
april520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Re: Please Help! C63 AMG vs. Jaguar XFR

The two cars you're looking at have at least two things in common; they have 450+ horsepower engines under the hood that at first might scare the sh*t out of you, and rear wheel drive.

The Merc you're looking at is actually great in many ways, and If I could afford it and had a garage to keep it in, I'd have one myself. I've actually driven a C63 AMG sedan both downtown and on the highway so I've felt both sides of it. When you're in downtown type stop-and-go traffic or just bumbling around it's cozy and easy to drive. However, being an AMG model it's perfectly capable, when the mood takes you, of being a complete animal. I got on the interstate on a tricky onramp and saw a space to merge that I wouldn't dare try in any car I'd driven before, and went for it. After I completed what would normaly be a sketchy merge, I glanced at the speedometer and it read right around 100 mph, but it did not feel that fast, so be careful.

As far as The Jag is concerned I've never driven one, but from what I've read, it seems like even more of a maniacal machine than the Merc. If I remember correctly, also rear wheel drive. The reason I keep mentioning Rear wheel drive is the fact that you're in Vancouver, so either one of these cars will be absolutely useless as soon as any measurable amont of snow falls.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #3
PinkT
AF Newbie

Re: Please Help! C63 AMG vs. Jaguar XFR

No doubt - mb