Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics
Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics Discuss different body kits, body work in general, and all types of exterior modifications.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 10:14 AM   #1
2AZN4U
AF Newbie

?'s for Bodyshop Customizers

Sorry didn't know where to post this so I dropped it here *shruges*

I have a 91 MR2 and am installing a widebody kit to it. I kept the stock rear quarterpanels on and in tack, then I applied the aftermarket rear quarter panels that were screwed in and molded on. The problem I am having is that between the stock wheel well section and the fiberglass aftermarket one has around a 2" gap, now I would like to fill that gap in, but the aftermarket part has sections with no lips on it which makes it hard to mount sheet metal, which I am still considering. Are there any easier/more secure methods of filling this gap in and to make it flush?

Also, the fuel door for the bodykit won't fit either. I am thinking of expanding the fuel hose a little bit and using a motorcycle fuel cap. How would I fill in the fuel opening in order to apply the motorcycle fuel cap?

Plz HELP!
2AZN4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:48 PM   #2
Brian R.
Resident Chemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.
Re: ?'s for Bodyshop Customizers

You will probably do better in the exterior forum

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate"
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:41 PM   #3
directory
AF Enthusiast

Re: ?'s for Bodyshop Customizers

as far as the body panel filler, you can use some fiber glass and work it to match, or take a small piece of metal and fashion a lip on it to connect the gap, filling and sanding as necessary.

the gas door, that will take some minor fabricating to do. using a pieces of metal to fill in around the fill-neck. the sanding as necessary. everything can be done in your driveway with careful planning and taking your time.

SKYWARN

we be clubbin'

--B
directory is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics