Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 07:59 PM   #1
sonu2
AF Newbie

change speakers on crv 2004

hello All
i like to change speaker on my honda crv 2004.can someone help me how to take out the factory installed speakers or is it even possible to change it on my own.step by step instructions will be great help if anyone can help.i am sure someone on this forum will sure will be able to help me.
thanks in advace
sonu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #2
ericplopez
AF Newbie

Re: change speakers on crv 2004

i have a 2003 but I think they r essintiall the same. You have to take the screws out from behind the door handle. you will probably have to pop a platic plate off the a screw driver. Then there is a black piece of plactic up near the side view mirrow that comes off, this took a little bit of force to do. Again there are more screws to take out. Then I believe there are 2 plastic gromets that need to be removed. All you need to do is press the center of them and they will pop out. Now will you be able to lift the panel off but will need to disconnect the wiring for the windows and locks. Attaching and detaching this is very simple. Now the tricky part. It took me a while to actually figure out how to take the speaker out. You will see they r in a platics frame. you will need to jam a screw driver between the platic speaker frame and the door frame to press down a metal tab that secures the speakers from popping out. I attemted to put new speakers in but realized the whole was an odd-ball shape and didnt feel like messing with it and cutting the holes bigger. Also I looked like the speaker might get in the way when you roled the window down but I'm not too sure. This should be how you work on the front speakers. Once I realized the hole size was weird I quit the job so I'm not sure about the rear. removing the door panel should be faily similar. Hope this helps.
ericplopez is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V