Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 08:35 PM   #46
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

Re: TITANIUM, help a mofo out plz

lol you got me...you got me.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #47
XeVeNskyLiNE
Turbo makes me emo!

Send a message via AIM to XeVeNskyLiNE

Um, I'm a newb to exhaust technicalities when it comes to what they're actually made of. So what kind of metals do exhausts come in? I know titanium is really light and heat durable so I'm guessing thats why they cost $81327510875.

Currently in Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona MySpace My S14 and DSM
XeVeNskyLiNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:12 PM   #48
R.W.240
Banned

I asked Kuah today... KTS Titanium Exhaust would be 750$ before shipping.
R.W.240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:28 PM   #49
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

You bastard....

I'm jealous. lol, well seems like it'll be a sweet car (btw, I;m for the titanium, not cause I'm a kiss ass, but because it's pimp. Same reason I want A032Rs, they might not be great street tires, but they pimp so I want them lol.)

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
240SXSlideStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:29 PM   #50
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeVeNskyLiNE
Um, I'm a newb to exhaust technicalities when it comes to what they're actually made of. So what kind of metals do exhausts come in? I know titanium is really light and heat durable so I'm guessing thats why they cost $81327510875.
carbon fiber, titanium, stainless steel, mild steel (with different coatings) and i dunno what else.

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
Old 01-19-2006, 10:52 PM   #51
R.W.240
Banned

Alrighty then.

1st) If all your using this for is an autocross car I'd at least try and make it competetive. With the mods you've listed you'll be in a class with cars so much faster than yours it wouldn't even be funny. Read up on what the rules allow you to do. Even SM2 is fairly strict.

P.S. Autocrossing is so lame. its for old people scared to break shit and BFE boys.

2nd) Honestly, you've got the right idea, wanting to build a good all around car and capitalize on the 240SXs strong points, but your mod list looks like you just went though a Sport Compact Car and made a wish list.

Fender braces----silk roads most likely

Don't do these if you want to competetively race in SCCA. they'll put you in a class where you'll be a rolling chicane. Otherwise SPL, still the cheapest still the best.

nismo power brace

All around good, Won't bump you into an outrageous class.

pillow ball tensoin rods----brand is still a toss up...i like the tanabe and hks

Fuckin SPL, Son.

front/rear strut bars----most likely nismo's

Paying more than 40$ for a hinged bar is retarded, Go Ebay. If you want a good strut bar find a Triangulated Tomei or a Carbing

roll cage-----need to talk to some friends about hook up's.
if not a real roll cage, maybe a cusco 6-point bolt in or what not.

Cusco cages suck ass. They are not legal for any form of racing. if you want to pay out the ass for a JDM cage get a Carbing. otherwise have someone make you a copy of the Carbing or Driftstyres from Zilvia.

need 5 lug rims....still deciding if i should buck up on some sweet advan rims, or just find a nice lightweight alternative for now....most likely it will be the alternative....i dont mind if there used either.

Advans are so overpriced its hilarious. Buy Volk, Work, Buddy Club (16lbs for an 18x10 - WTF?!?), or Weds.

I can't comment on how easy any of those Taco though.

Front brake upgrade----looking at brembo GT 4 piston fronts
Rear brembo rotors----possibly with r32 rear calipers, but i should be ok with stock

This is by far the worst idea in your mod list. you'll never need that much capacity for autocrossing ever and with that much front bias your car will feel like shit every time you break.

Every retard thats ever read a book will comment on how rear brakes don't matter because the front axle does all the work but with that kind of mentality your car will plow every time you hit the brakes in anything other than a straight line.

Do Z32s all the way around. For Serious. If you decide you need more you can use the 350Z front rotor. Good Pads and Rotors on Z32s will give you more capacity than you'll ever need. even on the track.

stainless lines.

SPLs again, clownshoes.

120$ for front, rear and the clutch line.
/Beats a deadhorse
Old 01-19-2006, 11:06 PM   #52
R.W.240
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SXSlideStar
carbon fiber, titanium, stainless steel, mild steel (with different coatings) and i dunno what else.

Carbon fiber is usually just a wrap for the can... The Epoxy would never take the heat to be the actual pipe.

theres also Inconel, which is the hot shit. like BMW M3 20,000$ hot shit.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:21 PM   #53
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player

not to get off topic, but i think Buddy clubs are way out the ass over priced. Dont quote me on that though, im just saying because there was a guy on NICO with Buddy Club P1's 18x8 +42 all around, and they were priced at like 1200 IIRC. WTF? Thats crazy for that sizing...

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Hit_N_Run-player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 03:46 AM   #54
R.W.240
Banned

18s for 1200$ isnt expensive at all.

The baller BCs go for about 650$ per.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:22 AM   #55
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

I thought he meant 1200 each lol, 300 each is so cheap for 18s, there's a shop here selling WED SA80 (think those are the ones) in 17x8 +25 and 17x9 +20 in 5lug for 340$CDN each or something.

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
Old 01-20-2006, 04:42 PM   #56
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player

i meant for the offset, 18x8 isnt bad, but 42+ offset? The 5zigen fourlugs from SPL that are sale, damn i want em.

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Hit_N_Run-player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:52 PM   #57
R.W.240
Banned

18x8 +42 won't clear... not even shocks and springs.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:17 PM   #58
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

yea rw....i know about the cusco 6-pointers. I heard they arn't really that good as far as what a real roll cage should do. Ill prolly hold out on that anyways. If people see a roll cage...ill be getting revved at non-stop cuz they'll think i have some 10 second shit. But ill just be a 15 lol.

And for the spl stuff, iv been looking at that site and have to say they mean business. Very good site...i will prolly purchase alot of stuff from them, especially if there going to sell that KTS exhaust still. I might have a nice little bulk purchase within the next week or so(exhaust, rods, power brace). I just paid bills off and i just spent a grand on the front end. I want to see where my account settles before i spend another grand right away. After all im not really used to spending 3g's in two weeks lol. They make you feel confident in there shit just reading the site. And it does look like quality. You were totally right about the tension rods...i was like wow the hks look weak.

As for the actual auto-crossing, i still have to talk to the guy at my work. He will direct me in the right way. I really dont care about winning a damn autocross event.....i just want to drive it hard on a course in a parking lot and not get a ticket.....its basically just so i can have fun. I dont expect to win....im a noob driver anyways. Been driving a stick for only a year now....well shit maybe its been 2. Funny how my hatch was an auto....now the only cars i own are sticks.....way better.

I havent really looked into the auto-x rules yet...since im still focused on the body right now because its a lot of damn work lol. Will take me a while to finish probably. The rear quarter will be the hardest part, prolly 10 hours of work if i was to estimate it for a shop....it should actually be replaced, but im going to use my skills to save a buck or two lol.

And as far as the z32 brakes go....i have considered this after doing more research. Plus its a bit cheaper and ill get a full all around upgrade.

about the wheels...my two favorite wheels(as far as dished) go are volk gt-c and super advans. Yes i know you call out hate on the advans...as you already did, plus there old school style. But i love them lol. The volk gt-c i like too. 5 star gold with nice lippage. But i think they will cost alot too. Prolly a little cheaper than the advans. But whats a couple hundred when your already spending that much. Believe me iv been fighting myself on which ones to get. Wheels are one of those things i dont like to think about to much, cuz its a bitch wheel shopping. Plus i just curbbed a 5zig today....i was highly disappointed. I havent even began to price anything yet. I could get works, volks, whatever....may just get something used of panda garage or jspec or something. I dont really know yet. Im not really that serioius about this stage yet. I may just do the brake upgrade with the 4 luggers and stock rims still(that will give a somewhat stocker appearance still too), then when i do 5 lug conversion, do the rims and better 5-lug rotors.

also do you have a pic of the tomei triangulate bar you mentioned.? That sounds good. It connects to the firewall right? I know iv seen this design before, but iv never seen that type for sale. Iv seen the cusco rear triangulate bar but thats it. Whats your call on that? There is one kid that has it on his hatch. It looks good. And about ebay...i will never purchase off ebay i just dont trust it at all....i dont care how many people have used it. And i really dont care if shit is expensive compared to an alternative....i have learned the hard way, you get what you pay for.

hook me up with some nice sites to shop lol...im begging. Around this area...there is shit. So i cant really go out and see bad ass rides with all this good shit and what not(even at shows or anything)....or talk to a shop because they all blow ass. Seriously if i do all this, i will probably have one of the nicest 240's in the area....but the slowest lol. Everyone around here is all about the engine swaps and power power power and 1/4 mile times. Im like wtf, its a 240 made for the twisties. Im all about the car....power can come later. Plus with a good suspension power is more appreciated and fun to feel and use...am i right? The shops around here seem like they want to sell whatever they're suppliers like to sell the most. So they get a good name in with there supplier...if that made any sense. I want my shit to be "me" and different. Im somewhat of a loner to local 240 scene, just because alot of them are d-bags.....literally on the sr20 bandwagon. NOT HATING ON SR20's!!! so dont flame me.......these kids ARE ON THE WAGON THOUGH. They do it to be cool, you can tell. But there are some og 240 enthusiast that i do talk too.

end rant.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:29 PM   #59
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

also i work 54 hour weeks..from 6:30 am to 6 pm....so my work time for car is weekends only basically. I have friends too, im pretty busy person. Plus ill be doing the work at my uncles house (he has the air compressor and air tools and what not) who lives about 15-20 minutes away. Im sure ill work a bit on it during the weekday nights, but damn working 11 hour days makes you one tired SOB. Fridays are my off days, but i go in anyways for 10 hours of overtime...which is paid time and half. Which adds alot of money to the check so i HAVE to work it. It sucks waking up in the dark...and getting home in the dark. I feel like im in prison.....but it pays bills and funds this. So i work it and do it happily. I made a list of shit and put in my car lol. The title is "WHY YOU WAKE YOUR ASS UP EVERDAY"(at 5 am) to keep me motivated lol.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:42 AM   #60
nissan_240sx
AF Enthusiast

sounds like someone needs a vacation lol
damn you work alot, what do you do anyway

1992 240sx SE Fastback 5speed

nissan_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX