Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 09:56 AM   #61
musicsurfman
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to musicsurfman Send a message via MSN to musicsurfman
Re: afte burners

And What Partizan Said Is True.... With A Maf Based Fi System If The Meter Is Before The Bov And Then The Valve Is Vented To The Atmosphere The Meter Has Already Adjusted For Airflow And When The Charge Reaches The Cc If Its Less Than What Was Metered The Car Has No Way Of Knowing So It Still Pumps In The Same Amount Of Fuel And Runs Rich For A Few Cycles (until Your Back On Throttle).

As For Race Cars.... Most Turbo Race Cars Use A Map Based System Which Is More Precise And Better Because It Monitors Plenum Pressure So Even If The System Is Vented Atmospherically It Can Still Adjust According To Plenum Pressure. High-end Systems Use Both Or Dual Mafs For Correction Factoring.

EMAIL CONTACT:
PROJECTRB240SX@HOTMAIL.COM
musicsurfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:25 PM   #62
R.W.240
Banned

Re: Re: afte burners

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcap122
RedFC3S has 0wned me in the past, but Partizan, do you honestly believe that someone with a turbo that is set up CORRECTLY is going to run rich? Thats just going to lose power, and undermine the point of the turbo.
Once agian, 14.7:1 A/F is teh roxor 4 teh tubros!!!

They run rich because its safer than running even a 13:1 id rather have a touch less power than a hole in my piston

There is no spoone -teh matricks.
R.W.240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:35 PM   #63
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: afte burners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partizan
Yay for people's ignorance of Classic Rock Music, actually it's Jim Morrison lol. From the band The Doors in the late 60s. Love his music, his philosophies and what not. Funny how you critique this pic but Bill Clinton is normal?

yea for people's stupidity!!!!!! wow i wasnt talking to you...i was talking to kcap.....thats a funny ass face i laugh evertime. Like i would think you look like that......that pic in your sig looks like a dude that went to glamour shots or some fairy ass shit. wow
Chuki_breath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 02:57 PM   #64
kcap122
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: afte burners

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.W.240
Once agian, 14.7:1 A/F is teh roxor 4 teh tubros!!!

They run rich because its safer than running even a 13:1 id rather have a touch less power than a hole in my piston

There is no spoone -teh matricks.

Maybe i should clarify what i mean, i mean with a map that is (as i understand the term "rich" to mean) using too much fuel for the turbo to match with boost.

Argh. anyway the Mars Volta is AWESOME, man. Chek out de-loused at the comatorium if you want a great concept album

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91300zxtt
CLEARCHANNEL rules!!!!!!!, the concert hall i work for is owned by them.
kcap122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 03:08 PM   #65
AWDSR20
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AWDSR20 Send a message via MSN to AWDSR20

back to the after burnerzzz

E.K.
AWDSR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 06:44 PM   #66
R.W.240
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: afte burners

Quote:
Maybe i should clarify what i mean, i mean with a map that is (as i understand the term "rich" to mean) using too much fuel for the turbo to match with boost.

running rich is a map where too much fuel is fed to the engine, the turbo really has nothing to do with it besides feeding more air (hence more fuel yada yada). your original statment was something along the lines of " [running rich with a turbo is Dumb]" followed by "do you honestly believe that someone with a turbo that is set up CORRECTLY is going to run rich" thats really a pretty stupid or vauge comment. Running rich is really no big deal for the turbo system, technically it would take some heat out of the exhaust which could lower the energy getting into the turbine but thats a long shot. (prolly last longer anyhoo) If your talking about a fuel map so shitty its about 9:1 or something redicilus like that. thats common knowledge, and any tuner wouldnt do that regaurdless if the car is turbo or not . now as for backfires and flames while decelerating - where this all started. backfires are caused by an over-lean condition where theres not enough fuel for the plugs to light off fuel goes out the exhaust - gets hot - boom. flames are caused by either being too rich (caused by shitty tune) or lots of misfires (shitty sparkplugs) RedFC has both... hence the rotary potato style 15 second flame.

The only real thing I can think of thats bad for a Turbo fuel wise is if you have a WRC stlye anti-lag system. but really thats something completely different
Old 10-27-2004, 06:45 PM   #67
RedFC3S
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: afte burners

Quote:
Argh. anyway the Mars Volta is AWESOME, man. Chek out de-loused at the comatorium if you want a great concept album
Greatest.....Album.....EVAR!!

1990 RX-7 Turbo II, Streetport, 62-1 Ball Bearing Turbo, FMIC, R.E. Amemiya exhaust, Haltech E6K, GReddy gauges, Apex-i AVC-R, and much much more

Under a complete Time Attack/Drift makeover
RedFC3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 06:46 PM   #68
R.W.240
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: afte burners

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFC3S
Greatest.....Album.....EVAR!!

kitche's greatest hits?
Old 10-27-2004, 09:42 PM   #69
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

well all the cars in my vids that blow out flame dont seem to be "shitty tuned" so yea......or any race cars i see on tv, all styles of racing. so i guess there all just shitty tuned since they blow out flames. I THINK NOT
Chuki_breath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:05 PM   #70
S13wanabe
AF Enthusiast

Most race cars only shoot a flame for a split second though. If there is a flame there for an extended period of time, like a couple seconds, there probably is something wrong with the tuning or the motor. I'm no expert at all, but I autox and drag, and watch racing a lot. All I know is that the RX7 I saw on the freeway that held a flame for a while when decelerating was fast as hell. Since he passed me at least at 150mph, I'm sure something was right with his motor.
S13wanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:16 PM   #71
kcap122
AF Enthusiast

it COULD be because people have their fuel map so that if they go WOT from 1k rpms, they mix starts getting more gas, and because the engine isnt movin fast enuf to use it yet, it just shoots the stuff out the back.....

eh w/e im just talkin out of my ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91300zxtt
CLEARCHANNEL rules!!!!!!!, the concert hall i work for is owned by them.
kcap122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:20 PM   #72
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper

*stiffler voice*
What the fuck is going on?
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:14 AM   #73
musicsurfman
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to musicsurfman Send a message via MSN to musicsurfman

The Reason Race Cars Shoot Flames Is Because Going From A Wot To A Off Throttle Environment The Fuel System Has To Catch Up To The Motors Decent Rate.... Hence A Rich Condition, Mixed With The Super High Octane Fuel And 1000 Degree Exhaust Pipes, There Is A Flash Point That The Fuel Reachs And Burns Out Before Completely Exiting The Exhaust System. Blue Flames Turn To Yellow As The Fuel Burns Off Cooling Down. My Rb20det Used To Do The Same Thing Upon Deceleration, So Did My 2 Cycle Go-kart, My Formula Ford And My Formula Mazda Back In The Day.

EMAIL CONTACT:
PROJECTRB240SX@HOTMAIL.COM
musicsurfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 11:24 AM   #74
AWDSR20
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AWDSR20 Send a message via MSN to AWDSR20

OK OK OK my car "Back Fiers" when i down shift, or keep the gas at high trpm then let go of the gas.
a blue flame and loud pop happens. i like it !
and my car is not shitty tuned!!! it caust me $500 to tune with the HKS f-com!!!
but then i saw a beat up mini van the other day that backed fierd, (no flames just a liud pop!)

E.K.
AWDSR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 11:46 AM   #75
logik23
Banned

Send a message via MSN to logik23
Probably cause it's so old and crappy that the timing is off and the exhaust valve opens to soon, ignition happens when valve is opening.
logik23 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX