Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
manaswee
AF Newbie

My 91 Nissan 240 Sx has trouble code 45

Code 45 indicates leak(s) in one or more injectors. I searched the internet to learn how to find out which can be the bad one(s). It is suggested that impedance value be taken off the two male electrical terminals of each of the four injectors. Any injector has a value either too low or too high than the rest is very likely the bad one. I just checked all four of mine:
Cylinder #l 11.6
" #2 13.1
" #3 14.8
" #4 11.5
I wish some one could let me know which are the ones that are good and which are the ones that are bad.

Last edited by manaswee; 06-20-2010 at 06:27 PM. Reason: typing errors
manaswee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:04 AM   #2
manaswee
AF Newbie

Re: My 91 Nissan 240 Sx has trouble code 45

I have found the answer and the solution to this frustrating problem of my own. Shortly after I posted my question on the forum, a friend-recommended mechanic confirmed the trouble code 45 after checking with his hand-held testing instrument. Code 45 in this case means there is fuel leak from the injector(s). He also suggested that I should look for burnt, blackish spark plugs as one or more of these are likely the problem. I checked and found #4 to be so, and that is an indication that the injector is leaking or putting forth an excess amount of gasoline. I then bought a used injector from a salvage outfit for $35.00 and asked my neighborhood mechanic to replace the fuel injector for cylinder #4 . The check engine light did not go away, but the mechanic said that everything was fine, but the ECU needed to be reset. My son then learned from the internet how to find the ECU box (under the front passenger's foot well) and learned how to check and reset the ECU. He got code 55 meaning everything is in normal condition. The ECU was then reset and the check-engine light was gone ever since.
manaswee is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX