Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Articles > Vehicle Reviews
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 12:59 PM   #1
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
Porsche 911 Targa - Pure performance

SUMMARY: Lapsing back into the fantasyland of the super rich is easy with the Porsche 911 Targa, although the dream of every 16-year-old boy has none of the visual excess that super cars usually come with today.<br>

View full article

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.
igor@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 08:22 PM   #2
srmrvette
AF Newbie

Re: Porsche 911 Targa - Pure performance

The writer is all too familiar with the shortcomings of this car. Outdated, moonroof, and way overpriced. I'll take a new Corvette and use the rest of the money to buy a really nice pickup truck!
srmrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #3
Christhecarnut
AF Newbie

Re: Porsche 911 Targa - Pure performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmrvette View Post
The writer is all too familiar with the shortcomings of this car. Outdated, moonroof, and way overpriced. I'll take a new Corvette and use the rest of the money to buy a really nice pickup truck!
The article was a good, short review. Straight to the point.
I disagree with it being 'Outdated and Overpriced'. After visiting the Porsche museum in its hometown of Stuttgart in Germany, I realised that Porsche were always way ahead of everyone else in sportscar (not supercar) terms. It's always been about the power-to-weight ratio, making Ferdinand Porsche' ideals and ideas a reality today. Lightweight (barring the Cayenne), fast and reliable cars that are great no matter what journey they are used for.
Don't get me wrong, I love Corvettes, but they are a completely different car to a Porsche, and they cannot be compared to one another at all. The Corvette is a hefty V8 powered muscle car with plenty of grunt, the Porsche is a lightweight sports car, built, as always, with the power-to-weight ratio in mind.
Chris

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Articles > Vehicle Reviews