Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Sable
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 11:14 AM   #1
92sentra
AF Newbie

This site is useless for Mercurys!!!

Look at how many questions there are, and how few responses. And most of the responses are "Fords suck". At least I can get some good info on my Nissan. Later!
92sentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 07:33 AM   #2
gruffybear
AF Newbie

I don't agree "totally" with this thread that this site is useless, but I will say that I am surprised at how few responses there are to people's questions/concerns. Come on guys! This is a place for all of us to share our knowledge with others in hopes of helping someone with a problem. After all, this IS the purpose of this message board.
gruffybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:01 PM   #3
mikeemon
AF Regular

Re: This site is useless for Mercurys!!!

Use the Taurus board. The cars are the same. Not everyone has time to scan and deal with the same problems in different places.
mikeemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 03:50 PM   #4
gruffybear
AF Newbie

Yes, you are correct that the Sable and Taurus are basically identical; however, I'm sure that if the moderator for this web site intended for all Sable and Taurus owners to "share" the same forum it would be labled "Sable/Taurus Forum" and yet another car that is similar would be catergorized as "Dodge/Plymouth Forum". Everyone can make their own choice as to which forum they use. Obviously, you have misunderstood the "intent" of the previous post. Take some time and re-read.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:33 PM   #5
mikeemon
AF Regular

I understand exeactly where you're coming from BUT, most of the posts I have seen in this forum have been answered a hundred times over in the other. I do what I can when I can. I have both Tauri and Sables in the fleet and find it is most easy to deal with everything in one place. I do not have time to scan all forums. As someone who likes to answer questions it can really get on my nerves when it is obvious that someone expects the same question answered over and over when the answers are already out there and someone is just too lazy to find it on there own. It nerves me when people complain that things are not timely when they are looking for FREE advice from people volunteer their time to even consider, let alone respond. Especially when they complain that no one wants to answer their prescious little question that has most likely been answered before. Common sense should be able to be used that when there is plenty of activity in another forum about a clone car that you go with what is available and most active.

Sorry to rant but since no one will ever read this in a dead forum, who cares.....
Old 04-20-2004, 08:33 PM   #6
gruffybear
AF Newbie

I'm not going to participate in a useless contest of who is right and who is wrong and this will be my last reply to you. You seem to have taken this thread on a personal level. My comment was that we ALL should be more responsive to everyone else's issues "if" we feel we have the answer. You seem to think that you are the only one that has the knowledge and that it is your responsibility ALONE to responde to someone's question. I don't think that is the case. As I said before, "IF" the intent of this web site is for Mercury owners and Ford owners to share one forum so that information doesn't have to be DUPLICATE then the moderator should consider changing the forums. Until then, I as a Mercury owner will continue to view the Mercury forums. You speak of how it "nerves" you when people complain, etc. and how the advice is FREE and how you "volunteer" your time; I guess my question to you is why do you bother? Why do you do something that is suppose to be helpful to others yet you want to openly complain about it and criticize others? Maybe it's time for you to reconsider "volunteering" your time here and find a more suitable hobby that will make you a happier person. Best of luck to you!
Old 04-20-2004, 09:59 PM   #7
mikeemon
AF Regular

I take none of this personally. If my world be shattered because of some wacko whiners then I would suppose I have larger issues to deal with. Right or wrong is again a mute point. This site has a forum for just about every make and model out there. I think people should use judgment in where to look for answers. I do not see any sacrelige in posting clone questions in a place they will more likely get answered in a timely fashion and get exposure to more members. This is why I totaly disagree that this SITE is useless to Merc owners. The Sable area may not be helpful, but the Taurus section is.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:51 PM   #8
dayer86
AF Newbie

Hey guys, thanks for the info. I was thinking there should be more info about the Sable tranny (since I read that they are problemmatic). I will look in the Taurus section for additional information. Thanks for the discussion.
dayer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:16 PM   #9
willpower101
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to willpower101 Send a message via Yahoo to willpower101
there's a lot more info in the taurus board, just look

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Sable