Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Sable
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 03:58 PM   #1
240sxNewbie
AF Newbie

Need Help =) Beam indicator..

Sorry if this has been covered a few times but i only have a few minutes before i have to run off to work and i did a quick search using the search but didnt see anything.. anyways heres the problem...

Car:
1996 Mercury Sable

My wifes car was dead thismorning.. dead battery.. no biggie i jumped it and drove it for 20 minutes.. everything was fine.. except the high beam indicator was on.. if i turned the headlights on it went off unless i actualy tried to turn on the high beams and it worked like it sould.. but if i turned of the head lights it would come back on (the high beam indicator) after i got back home i noticed that the low beams that are usualy on with the car is running were not on.. the regual low beams came on when i turned them on and the high beams worked like normal but with the car on or off the high beam indicatory is on.. unless the head lights are actualy on.. I'm stumped on this i DID see some where else on the net a guy said his indicator was always on and needed to replace a DRL relay i think it was.. would this solve my problem? or dose anyone have any idea what this could be? anyways thanks for any help you can offer..
240sxNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 04:54 AM   #2
KimMG
AF - Advisor

Re: Need Help =) Beam indicator..

Remove the DRL relay and see how the lights are working. This also may save you from having to jump start your car.
My guesses are either the relay or the stalk switch.
KimMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 05:42 AM   #3
240sxNewbie
AF Newbie

Re: Need Help =) Beam indicator..

i did find a fure under the dash labled DRL so i removed that ans teh high beam insicator went off and all the lights work like normal but no daytime running lights.. anbd the battery hasnt died again.. so i'll just replace teh relay and see if that works.. =) thanks for your responce..
240sxNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Sable