Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 01:41 AM   #1
300D
AF Newbie

1995 quest opinion

Gentlemen, I am thinking to buy 1995 quest 3.0L with 140K, can someone tell me how good are these things, what should I expect to go bad soon, what is the MPG in city and on open? Is it a full frame? Is it hard to work on this engine? Is this engine and AT reliable? Thank you in advance
300D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:39 PM   #2
tdc1948
AF Newbie

Re: 1995 quest opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300D
Gentlemen, I am thinking to buy 1995 quest 3.0L with 140K, can someone tell me how good are these things, what should I expect to go bad soon, what is the MPG in city and on open? Is it a full frame? Is it hard to work on this engine? Is this engine and AT reliable? Thank you in advance
Sorry, can't answer most of your questions, but I have a '95 Quest with 105k miles, so can offer something.

No problems whatsoever with engine or transmission, and I've done almost no maintenance. Changed oil religiously at 3500 intervals.

The only relatively major repair I've had to is front ball joints, at about 90k. Shouldn't be expensive if you do it yourself; a minor fortune if you pay someone else.

The battery cable ends are cheaply made, and may need replacing.

Be sure to check for new struts and most important of all, timing chain. The latter should have been changed at about 105k. My struts seem to need changing now; can't imagine that they'd make it to 140k.

One thing that's gone bad on mine just lately is wiper motors. Haven't really checked it out, but they make a horrible noise, and wipers are slower than they should be.

I've had this Quest since new, so approximately 12 years. All in all, I've been very satisfied with it.
tdc1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:49 PM   #3
dewdrinker
AF Newbie

Re: 1995 quest opinion

we have had our 95 quest for about two years[hammy down], when we got it, it had 143 thousand on it and now it has 199,700 on it and still running like when we got, no problems at all, just kept up with oil changes and minor stuff. we are very proud of the van and will never get another. GO NISSAN!!!
dewdrinker is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena