Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 05:27 PM   #31
danothemano
AF Newbie

Re: Lincoln LS 2004 V6 Cynlinder 2 misfire

OK, Well I can admit when I am a dumba$$, and apparently this is my spot. It's a good thing I got the manifold removal down to 10 minutes, bc I took it off 8 times over the last month trying to fix the misfire after I changed plugs and cops. One time I found a broken wire that goes to the back of the manifold (not sure what that does). So I thought for sure that was the problem. Soldered it and put it back together...same problem. Changed to diff plugs...same problem. Switched the cops around. Same problem. Then we had sun yesterday so I rolled it out of the garage to get a good look. When I pulled the manifold off cyl 3 had a scraped exposed wire to the cop. So I fixed that. And then I saw it!!! The cop on #2 had NO spring, so it was not connected to the plug. I believe it came that way and I just failed to notice. Mind you, I never got a code on any of that bank when I switched that cop back and forth. So, I guess it is another reminder not to overlook the simple stuff. Just got back from 100 miles in the snow and runs like a dream. Thanks Rod and all.
danothemano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:06 AM   #32
shorod
SHO No Mo

Wow, that is interesting! Congratulations on finding that.

Happy Holidays!

-Rod
shorod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:09 PM   #33
LauraAnn47
AF Newbie

First of all I must say the Lincolns LS 2004 I know for a Fact are actually a Jaguar with a Lincoln body, this is a fact, so remember when you go to the Parts store and ask for a Fuel Filter for your Lincoln let me give you a good piece of advice ask for a 88 Chevy Filter you will save about 50.00 Bucks. You have to remember Lincoln in itself says it all "BIG MONEY" if you own one you must know already rich people drive them. I am not RICH and I am so mad you know you could have a Code that is causing 25 other codes to go off and trust me I took mine to the Dealer (thinking oh hell she is just a woman (pretty) no brains) Surprise I have all the above. Anyway my problem started off with the engine light always on but when I would get down on it to get on the highway or something passing a car it would start to Blink, well here recently and funny happens the most when it rains or snows here I was going to meet my daughter the first time it happened check engine started blinking than my car went into safe mode (Limp Home Mode) with a little wrench on I was on the interstate and I was going over of all things a bridge and the fastest it will go in the Limp Mode is 30 so finally I made it off to an exit and when I put it in park I swear it was rattling, shaking, sputtering it was AWFUL I just knew it was fixing to die. Anyway I turned it off I thought everything on this Lincoln is controlled by Computer so maybe by turning it off I could reset the problem, well I got lucky everything went back to normal no more issues until this last week and I mean it is so bad it pisses me off, When I have to stop there is no way without turning my car off and restarting it again to get going again, I noticed (of course it was raining bad) my foot by the gas pedal was getting drops of water on it I thought maybe condensation from the A.C (I know your saying she did not just say that) right anyway got it home finally mad as hell drinking my gas like it has a Gas addiction that I can not afford. Before you change your throttle body (simple 900.00) no including labor, do what I did I finally after searching it on Google found where the Coils were well two are bad I think the 3 and can not remember the other one, well they were bad due to water, found out the water is coming in from the Windshield Wipers (now that is just plain Messed up LINCOLN MANUFACTURERS worse you all know this is a MAJOR F Up on your end) but we have to suffer the problem and we have to pay for your bad part. Do not take it to the Lincoln Dealer cause they go by Code and you are going to have quite a few codes shoot out on you and the Throttle is a FALSE code replace your coils and your plugs and have it ran again and I bet you will not have the codes. The Check engine light was my 02 Sensor anyway just wanted to give you all a little advice, and if your Limp Home light comes on pull over asap and restart your car and you will be able to drive it at a normal speed, until like mine I had to pull over every time I stopped and restart it took me 1 hour to get home and I was only 25 mins away from home. Mad? You do not even want to hear what I said,,,my thoughts The Letters F and U are brought to us today by Lincoln! Have a Great one,,,Laura
LauraAnn47 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ