Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
MoparFAN
AF Newbie

2000 Lincoln LS Fuel Injector Removal

Hi All,
I am new to this forum stuff, so please ignore my ignorance if it shows thru. I've always been able to solve my auto problems by reading past posts or looking thru a Haynes repair manual. Unfortunately there is no Haynes manual for a Lincoln 6 cyl.
My son is driving my wife's old LS and recently it started throwing P0171 and P0174 codes. I know these are usually vacuum leak indicators, so I sprayed the top of the engine with carb/choke cleaner and found a spot that increased RPMs when hit with the spray. I'm not sure if its the manifold gasket or an injector o ring, so I plan to change both/all. Got the plenum off and intake manifold with injector rail off. I can't seem to get the injectors off the manifold, and I am afraid to pull to hard that it may destroy a $70 injector. The manifold appears to be some kind of plastic composite, and the injectors are angled into the manifold on each side from the center. Do the injectors come off the rail first or the manifold, all at the same time? Is there a trick or tool for removing these? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
MoparFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: 2000 Lincoln LS Fuel Injector Removal

You might want to review the Sticky on the LS forum main page. The P0171 and P0174 codes are often associated with a bad PCV elbow on the V6. The elbow happens to sit just below the fuel injectors and fuel rail, but to replace it you do not need to remove the fuel injectors.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shorod For This Useful Post:
MoparFAN (10-28-2013)
Old 10-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
MoparFAN
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 Lincoln LS Fuel Injector Removal

Rod,

Thanks for the input. You were correct. It was the PCV Elbow that was leaking. I guess when I was spraying for the leak, I hit the elbow and thought it was the manifold gasket.
The PCV on the V6 is actually under the lower manifold, so it is necessary to remove the manifold. First time I ever saw a PCV under the intake. I guess I'll got the extra 1/2 mile and change the plugs and boots while I have it apart. Thanks again for the help.

Tony
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LS PCV.jpg (128.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg LS PCV2.jpg (129.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg LS PCV3.jpg (127.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg LS PCV4.jpg (115.9 KB, 2 views)
MoparFAN is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ