Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Triumph > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 06:41 PM   #1
dafreak6889
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to dafreak6889 Send a message via MSN to dafreak6889
Smile My TR3 project

hey all,

My dad bought a TR3 in the 70's and used in quite often in NYC. He ran into a few engine troubles but nothing too big. Then in 1989 my mom had me, and they moved to my current town in connnecticut. the day we moved in, he just parked it in the garage and never took it out again.

16 years later, i get my lisense and want to learn more about cars, and eventually own my own. So the idea was brought up at dinner one night that we fix up the triumph in the garage. We only know a few things that are wrong with it. One is that the fuel tank is rusted thru. which isnt a big deal, but it lead me to the leaded fuel problem. Any way i can make it run on unleaded fuel?

Another thing we know is that we should test to see if the cylinders move by turning the crank shaft. Another problem we would have to concour(sp?) is that the odometer says something absurdly low, like 30k miles or something, so he thinks that maybe it turned over, and actually has 130K. Is there any way we can tell?

And if the engine works decent, the next thing we have to worry about in cosmetics, here is a link to a whole bunch of pictures i took today: http://photobucket.com/albums/v626/Dafreak6889/

Im looking foward to any help/advice you can give. Thanks!
dafreak6889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 07:59 PM   #2
DurangoDave
AF Regular

Re: My TR3 project

Wow, what a great opportunity!
The TR3 enthusiasts would kill to find a diamond in the rough like that. Looks like almost everything is there, and no rust (at least can't see any from your photos).
First thing I would recommend is that you get off this website and find another one. No offense to the website owners, but the truth is there just isn't any traffic here. You'll get no responses from anyone.

Try going to

http://www.totallytriumph.net/cgi-bi...um/dcboard.cgi

It's all Triumphs, and you can get to more specific TR3 places from there. Also search the internet for some TR3 or British car clubs in your area.

Good luck. You've got a great project there, and you're sure going to learn a lot about cars!

Dave
Westminster, MD USA
1970 Spitfire Mk3
DurangoDave is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Triumph > General Discussion