Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Impreza/9-2x/Outback Sport
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 12:14 AM   #1
Chris_Bing
AF Newbie

Invidia n1 catback exhaust off amazon

I was wondering if buying a Invidia n1 catback exhaust off amazon would be ok without getting ripped off. Just don't feel like going through the hassle of getting something other then what I'm expecting. P.S. I drive a 09 Impreza sedan

Part Number: HS08SI4GTP

Amazon Link:https://www.amazon.com/Invidia-HS08S.../dp/B007V8Y24O
Chris_Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:26 PM   #2
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Re: Invidia n1 catback exhaust off amazon

I would not trust Amazon with car parts. Honestly, I'm not sure I'd trust them with anything, their business practices can be a bit shady. It's kind of like taking your car to wal-mart (beyond shady) for anything more complex than an oil change. A company that has it's hand in so many other things is going to be mediocre at everything they do. It's always better for a business to focus on one thing and do it brilliantly instead of doing an absurdly large number of things and saying "that'll do" or even "f*ck it, somebody will buy it" to everything. You're better off looking in places that specialize in car parts and I wouldn't be surprised if you find that same exhaust cheaper somewhere else.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:30 PM   #3
Chris_Bing
AF Newbie

Thank u so much for giving me some incite on this, I'm new to the car scene and I'm just trying to find a reliable website that's has it.
Chris_Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 04:56 AM   #4
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Once upon a time I managed to find a '91 Honda Prelude Si with a JDM B21A. The guy didn't know what a gem he had and I didn't tell him so I got a good deal on it. Anyway, I wanted a boost in power without doing anything too drastic. While I had the cylinder head in the machine shop to have the valve seals done, I asked about head work, and the guy came up with a way to open up the intake and exhaust ports without having to make custom gaskets which would have cost an arm and a leg. The next logical step in my mind was a cold air intake, performance headers and exhaust. I found everything I needed at the site I'm putting up the link for. Your car isn't that old, so they'll probably have all kinds of performance parts available to do just about anything you want with your car. You will need to provide make, model, year, and other details like which engine you have and you'll be able to view aftermarket performance made specifically for your car. When I discovered this place I felt like a kid in a candy shop. Good luck.

www.summitracing.com
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Impreza/9-2x/Outback Sport