Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Sebring | Sebring Coupe | Convertible
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 09:14 PM   #1
Love My Sebring
AF Newbie

Smile Replaced Starter

I had the "luxury" of changing the starter on this vehicle (2003 Chrysler Sebring LXI)last night. Though I love the use I got out of this vehicle, changing this part was a real pain in the &%$! I cannot complain too much because the car is 12 years old and over 202,000 miles! However, the design folks should be taken out to the shed on this one. Having to remove a motor mount to remove a starter? Who ever heard of such a tight fitting design that everything is soooo close and compact that working on this car you get a workout on just about everything you touch! Well I am up and running again and happy about that!

Last edited by Love My Sebring; 04-04-2015 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Grammar an missing info
Love My Sebring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:27 AM   #2
tableman
AF Regular

Re: Replaced Starter

This is what I was afraid finding in this forum. I am about to change my starter and was looking at what I will have to do to get at it. So i thought I would check here and see if I was missing something. Can you please tell me what symptoms you were having before you change the starter. With mine the starter circuit fuse kept blowing, then intermediate the starter would just click, and after a few tries, sometimes more, then the starter would turn over and start the car. Then I could go several starts with no problem.
tableman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Sebring | Sebring Coupe | Convertible