Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
TexasAngel69
AF Newbie

Question remote wire hookup on my amp

this has probably been asked and answered but i need help
i have a duel stereo and a vr3 amp i have it all hooked up and the remote run to the amp from the stereo but heres the prob to make the amp power on i had to run a jumper wire from the remote spot to the hot power spot on the amp to get power i know that cant be good so where else can i get power from for the remote wire to work ive never had this prob before and ive used this amp before with other stereos
TexasAngel69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:00 AM   #2
snshddog
AF Regular

Re: remote wire hookup on my amp

The way I read this question is the remote wire from the head unit (deck) is run to the remote on the amp and also the positive battery supply terminal. There is not enough amperage in the remote wire to run the amp properly. The "hot power" is intended as a fused run straight from the battery. The size of the fuse and the guage of the wire is determined on what amp you have.
snshddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:42 AM   #3
TexasAngel69
AF Newbie

i bought an amp kit and all remote wires are the same gauge ive never had to use anything else with it this is the first time i have had to jump it off the power to make it work ill try a dif size remote wire to see if it will work
TexasAngel69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD

Quote:
Originally Posted by snshddog View Post
The way I read this question is the remote wire from the head unit (deck) is run to the remote on the amp and also the positive battery supply terminal. There is not enough amperage in the remote wire to run the amp properly. The "hot power" is intended as a fused run straight from the battery. The size of the fuse and the guage of the wire is determined on what amp you have.
No, he/she is saying that the power wire from the battery is connected but the auto turn-on lead is not turning the amp on so the power to the turn on is coming from main power wire.

This will mean that the amp is on all the time, not a good solution. See if the turm on wire from the cd player is actually getting voltage. Remember to connect it to the wire on the cd player that blue WITH A WHITE STRIPE, the solid blue one is for the auto antenna. If you are not getting power from the auto turn on wire, check it at the cd player, if the output is bad connect the wire going to the amp to the red wire that gets power only when the ignition is on. That will mean the amp will turn off when the car does.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote