Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 03:59 PM   #1
rusted and busted
AF Newbie

1994 Taurus airbag code 34

My 94 Taurus airbag light is flashing a code 34 Driver airbag low resistance. It only flashes about every other time I drive the car and the horn does work. Is the problem in the clock spring or could it be the airbag? Is there an easy way to stop it from flashing?
rusted and busted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:12 AM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: 1994 Taurus airbag code 34

Since code 34 is for a low resistance, it seems unlikely that it would be due to a clockspring. Typically when clocksprings fail, they fail open, which would be a high resistance. There are not many blocks in that circuit, pretty much the air bag, the clockspring, wire, and the airbag diagnostic monitor.

If you have a safe way to deactivate the airbag, you could try disconnecting the driver airbag, then power the system back up and see if a new code appears or if you still get an active code 34. If you still get code 34, that would suggest to me that the monitor module is the problem.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:57 PM   #3
rusted and busted
AF Newbie

Re: 1994 Taurus airbag code 34

I removed the airbag and tried checking for codes. This time I got a code 32 (high resistance). I went to a local pull a part salvage yard and found a low mile Taurus the same year. I got both the clockspring and the module. Installed the module first and the code 32 stayed on. Then installed the clockspring and the light didn't come on but later after I was using the car I started the car and code 34 came back. I don't think it's a wiring issue and I know the car never had a problem with the bag light before....and I really don't want to try any testing on the airbag.
rusted and busted is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon