Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: What do you think I should do?
Nothing/get a different car (240sx, SE-R, etc.) 2 66.67%
Turbo the GA (almost 200,000 miles on the motor) 1 33.33%
Do the SR20DET swap 0 0%
Do the RB26DETT swap 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
benenarmor
AF Newbie

Plans for my Sentra, I need opinions.

I have a 1992 Nissan Sentra XE (four door). I have already taken it apart, inside and out, and put it back together, but I'm planning on doing some serious stuff to it. I was thinking about swapping a SR20DET into it and making it into RWD, but I'm thinking about going even bigger. I have heard and seen so many SE-Rs and 240sxs doing that swap, and even swapping a RB26 engine into it. I have never heard of a non-SE-R doing the RB swap, though. I kind of want to do that, but I don't know if it is just a little too much for that car.

I want to do soemthign different and surprising, but not stupid. I want to put a RB26DETT in it, convert it to RWD, paint it Bayside Blue (or just black), and get Nismo wheels.

What are your opinions? Would that be stupid and too much, or would it be cool? If I don't do that, I want to swap a SR20DET into it, or turbo my GA engine.
benenarmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #2
Chiquae07
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Chiquae07 Send a message via MSN to Chiquae07
Re: Plans for my Sentra, I need opinions.

1. GL making it rwd. no one has done it.

2. get the RB out of your head unless you are buying a 240. the motor simply will not fit without extreme modification. heck look at the clearance with the fwd VQ in a b14. its simply crammed in there: http://www.ninety-9.com/

3. here is a build on a local guy making his nx2000 awd with gti-r parts and custom fabrications. its not a slow process by any means. http://www.sr20-forum.com/nx2000/150...onversion.html

4. you can easily do something like this for 4k with an sr20 in the car already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5lwd5WYCPw

5. sure you can turbo the ga16de, but i dont know too much about it. this is a locally built 200sx with the ga16de. guy is making over 300whp out of it, and should be in the 11s, even though the car is built strictly for track hot lapping and auto-x: http://motoiq.com/Projects/ProjectNi...1/Default.aspx

i just gave you a lot of info. PLEASE allow it to soak in.

For those 9 seconds it takes me to reach 60mph, will be the most fun ill have in this car.
Chiquae07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
benenarmor
AF Newbie

I haven't seen a RWD Sentra, either. Which is why I want to do it. I have seen an AWD one before, though.

I know it would take lots of modification. :/ I have already stripped my Sentra down like that one guy with the VQ and put new carpet in it as well as other interior pleasantries. I don't really feel like doing it all again with the same car. I just might get something along the lines of a 240sx. They look better anyways.

If I can get one with a SR20 in it, instead of the KA engine, I know. I am leaning toward one with a KA in it, so I am just going to rip it out and put a RB in it. If I do get one with a SR20, I could put that in my Sentra and just sell it.

I found two different turbo kits for the GA, but I'm not sure I want to do that.

Thanks for all the info, and links.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
stamar
AF Regular

i would turbo it

i would not make it rwd lol
Old 10-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #5
benenarmor
AF Newbie

I don't know. I may. It depends on how much the turbo kit costs. I have already put way too much money into it. I may have to turbo it to get any resale value out of it. I am probably going to try to get a 240sx and do the RB swap.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #6
Chiquae07
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Chiquae07 Send a message via MSN to Chiquae07

idk about the going RB thing. the fastest 240s to date would be the 7.7 second KA-T out of nyc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoD_lzmPloY

and mazworx's s15 with a sr20 with a ve head making it a sr24ve-t running low 7s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFysudEe71w

build the 4 cylinder. i have a buddy with a low boost rb30det (rb30 block + rb26 head) making around 350whp and it hauls, but for the cost i would build the KA. plus you dont have to salvage around for parts when something goes.

For those 9 seconds it takes me to reach 60mph, will be the most fun ill have in this car.
Chiquae07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
benenarmor
AF Newbie

I'm looking for a decent 240sx, or maybe even a Silvia that has already been imported now. It doesn't have to be in top condition. I'd rather put money into one of those. I'm not going to mess around with my Sentra any more. Its not worth it. I just wish I hadn't put so much money into it already. I will be stuck with it for a while, but oh well.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #8
Torch
AF Regular

Sentras are fairly light weight cars you could completely remove the engine/tranny, etc. and turn the car into a 100% electric car.
Torch is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
engine , rb26dett , sr20det , swap
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)