Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
feroze
AF Newbie

How To Replace Air Flow Meter in 1988 Nissan 300ZX

Can any one please explain me how to replace "Air Flow Meter" in a 1988 Nissan 300 ZX? Some one told me that I will have to remove Air Clearner Box BUt when I read in Haynes Automotive Repair manuel, it states to remove the electricial connectors and loosening the large hose clamps at eacg side of teh meter BUT how would I take it out. When I looked at the New Air Flow Meter , it has 4 bolts and no way I see any four bolds in the old one from top. CONFUSED!!
feroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ
Re: How To Replace Air Flow Meter in 1988 Nissan 300ZX

the AFM has four bolts holding it to a bracket that's attached to the body. they are the underside of the afm.

you should be able to loosen the hose clamps on either side of it and move the hoses out of the way.

there is one electrical connector on it that you will need to remove, it's fairly large so it should be obvious
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)