Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Explorer | Explorer Sport Trac
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 09:49 PM   #1
shorod
SHO No Mo

Sticky: Keypad code location

This topic has been addressed NUMEROUS times on this forum, and a search of the forum will yield a lot of results.

The "Search this Forum" link can be found from the page that you accessed this thread from. Click the back button once to get to the "Explorer/Explorer Sport Trac" menu. Then, in stead of clicking on a link to one of the threads, scroll to the top of the listing of threads, then glance over to the right of the window and you should see a link that reads, "Search this Forum." Click on that link, then type the keywords "keyless code." A new window will inform you that your search is in progress, and you should get somewhere around 45 hits.

To save you a bit of time, the following are a couple of the hits you would get with such a search that may be of use to you.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...t=keyless+code
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...t=keyless+code

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: Sticky: Keypad code location

This is a good one too for the Sport (post #13).
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=346976

-Rod
Old 04-04-2007, 10:54 PM   #3
Towncar
AF Enthusiast

2004: Keypad Code Location

HI guys.

One of the things I needed to do with the 2004 XLT Sport Trac was find the Keyless Entry Code. With the help of 'search' on this and some other places I was able to retrieve the code in about 5 minutes. Could have been faster but I was a bit leery prying on the new XLT

Basically it's like this:
  • Pop off the Front Windshield Defroster Vent Cover.
  • From the outside of the XLT look through the windshield at the Keyless Entry Moidule.
  • The Factory Permanent Code is printed on a sticker, on the top of the module.

Pry up one end of the Defroster Vent Cover. Spring fasteners hold down the side towards you, interlocking tabs hold down the side towards the windshield. With your fingers under the front side, pop each fastener up, all the way across the cab. You may find the center fastener a bitch, so work from both ends.

From the outside looking in you will see the Keyless Entry Module under the Dashboard Panel. The 'engine' side of the Module has a large wire harness connected.

Because the Keyless Module is located under the Dashboard, you will have to look at the top of the module at an angle, maybe even enlist the use of a flashlight.

The five digit number is printed on the top of the module. Other stuff is printed on the labels as well, but the Code Number is the largest font there.

Last edited by Towncar; 07-12-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Towncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:57 PM   #4
d4hess2614
AF Newbie

On the 02-05 Current XLT model line, the number is located on the passenger side behind the C-pillar trim. You may have to take some of the trim off to get the code, I did have to on my 2005.

Now you might be like me, not an automotive genius, so here goes for the layman.

The C-pillar location for the Computer Module, the CM has the large sticker on top of it which contains the factory 5-digit keyless entry master code. The CM is located behind the plastic trim piece which is below the plastic seat belt adjustment trim on the inside of the car passenger side of the rear seat. My 2005 Explorer has the third row seat, so it's the middle passenger seat row not the third row. Flip the outside seat up for more room, and simply pull off the black weather stripping at the rear of the door opening attached to the car body(not the door trim ), start at the top and pull it off down to the floor only, the rest of the stripping will still be attached.

Once you pull the weather stripping back then pull on and release the top trim piece which holds the seat belt adjuster, remove this piece and it will hang down out of the way so we can open up the middle trim panel to see the code. From the door jam side pull the middle trim panel downward to release it from a metal post holding it to the door jam, then pull the rest of this side out far enough to see the code with a flashlight, I was able to pull this out far enough to read the code without a mirror
The 5-digit numeric Code is on a little computer module just below the top seat belt adjuster trim piece, but actually under the middle trim panel, behind this second panel you will need to pull out the plastic trim piece just below the seat belt one, you will see a big computer cable connector going into the Computer Module (code is on a sticker)

Hope this helps!
d4hess2614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #5
Towncar
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4hess2614
On the 02-05 Current XLT model line, the number is located on the passenger side behind the C-pillar trim. You may have to take some of the trim off to get the code, I did have to on my 2005.

Hope this helps!
All that and no pictures

Old 07-12-2007, 08:25 PM   #6
d4hess2614
AF Newbie

Really!! You are right LOL, would have saved me a whole lot of typing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towncar
All that and no pictures runaround

d4hess2614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:22 PM   #7
kcantrel
AF Newbie

Okay, so like a lot of people, I looked where the jack is stored, and yes, I put my head in there is looked forward, and while I see a white piece of plastic, it is apparently not the "computer module." It looks more like a plastic guard for the speaker. I have a 2001 Explorer Sport (i.e. the two door model, but not the Sport Trac). The last entry to this thread mentions it might be behind the passenger airbag. I pulled the glove compartment out, and therefore see behind the airbag and I don't see any "white box" so I'm not so sure it is back there in my car. Does anyone know, for sure, where it should be in this model/year? Seems crazy that Ford makes it so hard to find it. I remember having an old Turus and they just put it on a sticker on the truck lid.

Thanks,

Keith
kcantrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:26 PM   #8
shorod
SHO No Mo

Did you try the link in post #2 above? That seems to address the 2001 Sport.

-Rod
Old 10-20-2007, 08:15 AM   #9
kcantrel
AF Newbie

That is what I am going to do today since it seems to be the only other suggestion (i.e. behind the airbag). I'll post what I find.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:26 PM   #10
kcantrel
AF Newbie

Well, that's where it was (behind the passenger airbag). It wasn't too bad getting to either. Just two bolts to move the airbad out of the way, and to bolts to be able to move the computer module out. The number was on a sticker on the top.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #11
cline119
AF Newbie

Thank you! This worked great!
cline119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #12
Rebeldawwg40
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4hess2614 View Post

Now you might be like me, not an automotive genius, so here goes for the layman.

The C-pillar location for the Computer Module, the CM has the large sticker on top of it which contains the factory 5-digit keyless entry master code. The CM is located behind the plastic trim piece which is below the plastic seat belt adjustment trim on the inside of the car passenger side of the rear seat. My 2005 Explorer has the third row seat, so it's the middle passenger seat row not the third row. Flip the outside seat up for more room, and simply pull off the black weather stripping at the rear of the door opening attached to the car body(not the door trim ), start at the top and pull it off down to the floor only, the rest of the stripping will still be attached.

Once you pull the weather stripping back then pull on and release the top trim piece which holds the seat belt adjuster, remove this piece and it will hang down out of the way so we can open up the middle trim panel to see the code. From the door jam side pull the middle trim panel downward to release it from a metal post holding it to the door jam, then pull the rest of this side out far enough to see the code with a flashlight, I was able to pull this out far enough to read the code without a mirror
The 5-digit numeric Code is on a little computer module just below the top seat belt adjuster trim piece, but actually under the middle trim panel, behind this second panel you will need to pull out the plastic trim piece just below the seat belt one, you will see a big computer cable connector going into the Computer Module (code is on a sticker)

Hope this helps!
ok , I've got the 2003 explorer sport xlt , (not the "trac") so where in the world , praytell, would it be on that model? Based on the post I'm responding to , it's behind the seat belt , on the "C-bar" , or under the defroster vent cover . Maybe one of those two , is where it is , cause I've looked everywhere else the web has designated , and come up with ZIP ! PLease help , if you can ! Thanks in advance !
Rebeldawwg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:46 AM   #13
Rebeldawwg40
AF Newbie

You guys are AWESOME!!! I read every post I could about keyless entry codes , and where to find them . Well , needless to say , I FOUND IT , and it works great ! I'd have never found it if it wasn't for this site ! I took a chance , after reading about the 2004 and 2005 Explorer sport-trac models having the control module under the defrost vent cover . Well , mine is a 2003 Explorer Sport XLT (2DR) , and I'd looked everywhere else this site told me to look ,and nothing, so I went for broke , and sure enough , it was right there in the only place I hadn't looked before. I looked in thru the passenger's side of the windshield , ( with a flashlight, cause it was dark outside) and only had to lift the wiper blade up a little to get a better look , and there it was ! I hope this helps anyone who's looking for it . Don't give up ! If an idiot like me can find it , anyone can ! Thanks again , Forum . Keep doing what you do !
Rebeldawwg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #14
blslkn1
AF Newbie

thanks for the tip guys great help
blslkn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #15
mkrise77
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to mkrise77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebeldawwg40 View Post
You guys are AWESOME!!! I read every post I could about keyless entry codes , and where to find them . Well , needless to say , I FOUND IT , and it works great ! I'd have never found it if it wasn't for this site ! I took a chance , after reading about the 2004 and 2005 Explorer sport-trac models having the control module under the defrost vent cover . Well , mine is a 2003 Explorer Sport XLT (2DR) , and I'd looked everywhere else this site told me to look ,and nothing, so I went for broke , and sure enough , it was right there in the only place I hadn't looked before. I looked in thru the passenger's side of the windshield , ( with a flashlight, cause it was dark outside) and only had to lift the wiper blade up a little to get a better look , and there it was ! I hope this helps anyone who's looking for it . Don't give up ! If an idiot like me can find it , anyone can ! Thanks again , Forum . Keep doing what you do !
I also have a 2003 Ford Explorer Sport XLT & I did as you said to look down through passenger side window with wiper up to get key less entry code. Well, I couldn't see anything with a flashlight at all. It seems that the defrost panel is in the way. Did you have to take off your panel to get your code or was it left on? Please help me because I don't want to be paying to get that code. Thank you for your time in this matter.
mkrise77 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Explorer | Explorer Sport Trac