Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #16
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Re: Fujimi Kawasaki ZX-10R Eva 02 RT Trick Star 2011

Adrian - your skills are really improving - this is a difficult kit to build and yours is coming along well. Do not expect the fit and finish results of a Tamiya kit - the tee you are talking of is included in the Top Studio detail kit for the brake lines. One thing Adrian - when I raced superbikes here in the USA in the late 90's we used two separate lines from the master cylinder to each front caliper. we had a double banjo fitting at the master and two separate kevlar lines going to the left and right front calipers. Not sure why they use a tee fitting in MotoGP - maybe it's a weight issue? is there some way you can make the tee from styreen? - John
John18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:44 AM   #17
ace91
AF Regular

Thanks John,

As I reached the final stage that is putting the fairings, I didn't think that it needed quite a lot of patience trying to attach them. But then, I think I attached the fairing though it's not properly as we see how other modellers build but here is the photo when I tried to put up the fairing.

Unfortunately, as I didn't place cement on the tail that is fused with the seat cowl along with fuel tank (Don't mean to say 'fused' unlike Tamiya & Hasegawa version where the seat & the fuel tank are separate part) came off when I've been trying patiently to place the fairings, the part where it hold the exhaust broke as seen in the photo below. Noticed the grey dot on the 2nd hole? That is one of the joint which is broken.

Now this is my concern, after patiently attaching the fairing in one spot, it's kind of a little loose fit unless if the side fairings are screwed to the nose like Tamiya version. As there's space between the nose & the side fairing as seen in the photo below, & I'm not good at cutting the decal to be in line with the fairing like how I see the other bloggers' work, I would like to have some suggestion from you guys on how to handle situation like this....

Noticed the space between the nose & the side fairing? This is when I'm not sure how to do this as I'm not experienced enough to do such thing.

Didn't even think that decal placement can be really testing the patience type especially the stripe at the fuel tank area as it took up a lot of my energy trying to put it right. Anyway, I'll take a break on this for a while & try to continue the work later.

Adrian
ace91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #18
nugundam93
Blarg! Wort Wort Wort!

you could try to place tamiya masking tape over the part you want to put the decal on, trim it, then make a negative/mirror part of it. apply the mirror part to the back of the decal (which you should've trimmed flush earlier) you want to put so that you know where to cut. hth
Old 08-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #19
ace91
AF Regular

Hi guys,

I've done what I've could especially the final assembly of the fairings. But unfortunately, I've tried but failed to place the fairings to the nose and trying to attach them properly. Man, that part is really getting on my nerves.

Anyway, I'll place this kit aside till my mind is much clearer & maybe hopefully can find a solution on the final part. I'll be making the 4th Hasegawa kit that is Kopron Team Scot Andrea Dovizioso's version. All this while I've wanted to have a Kopron Team Scot bike in my cupboard along with having Dovizioso's and it was like 'Wow! My thoughts have come true'

I'll be ready for challenges ahead in making Dovizioso's bike especially what I see is the nose fairings as there are 2 colours in one place. But whatever it is, I'm mentally prepared that Hasegawa bikes is harder than Tamiya kits after making 3 Hasegawa kits.

Adrian
ace91 is offline   Reply With Quote