Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Explorer | Explorer Sport Trac
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
Sp3cops70
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Sp3cops70 Send a message via MSN to Sp3cops70 Send a message via Yahoo to Sp3cops70
Question Rear AC and windshield washer pump....

Hello everyone.

Just got my fuel pressure sensor fixed on my 2005 ford explorer 4.0. Next issue:

the rear ac does not throw out any air. any ideas? i just saw a video on the actuator?

also my windshield washer pump is no good. 98 brand new. any ideas?

thx.

^^^^CLICK IT!^^^^ ^^^^CLICK IT!^^^^
Sp3cops70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:44 PM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: Rear AC and windshield washer pump....

Does your Explorer have the rear A/C with separate controls for the rear, or are you just referring to the vents for rear. Do you get air flow (blower motor works) but it's not cold, or you don't get air flow from the vents? I wouldn't expect a lack of air flow to be due to any actuator. If you have separate rear seat controls the rear condenser should be located in the passenger rear corner of the Explorer. You should be able to climb underneath there when the engine is running with the A/C on and one of the aluminum lines for the A/C should be sweating and condensing moisture.

As for the washer pump motor, do it work for either front or rear? If not, have you checked the wiring and for power to it? If either front or rear works, then the wiring shouldn't be the issue but you might have a kink in the hose or a restriction somewhere. I'm pretty sure Ford still used a single pump for both front and rear in the 2005 Explorer.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:44 AM   #3
Sp3cops70
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Sp3cops70 Send a message via MSN to Sp3cops70 Send a message via Yahoo to Sp3cops70
Re: Rear AC and windshield washer pump....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorod View Post
Does your Explorer have the rear A/C with separate controls for the rear, or are you just referring to the vents for rear. Do you get air flow (blower motor works) but it's not cold, or you don't get air flow from the vents? I wouldn't expect a lack of air flow to be due to any actuator. If you have separate rear seat controls the rear condenser should be located in the passenger rear corner of the Explorer. You should be able to climb underneath there when the engine is running with the A/C on and one of the aluminum lines for the A/C should be sweating and condensing moisture.

As for the washer pump motor, do it work for either front or rear? If not, have you checked the wiring and for power to it? If either front or rear works, then the wiring shouldn't be the issue but you might have a kink in the hose or a restriction somewhere. I'm pretty sure Ford still used a single pump for both front and rear in the 2005 Explorer.

-Rod
yes it has its own controls in the back and above me in the middle. no air comes out at all. pump does not work for front and rear. thx.

^^^^CLICK IT!^^^^ ^^^^CLICK IT!^^^^
Sp3cops70 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Explorer | Explorer Sport Trac