Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sprinter
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: What car should I get.
'85 Toyota Corolla GT-S 1 33.33%
'89 Mazda RX-7 1 33.33%
'93 Mazda RX-7 0 0%
'91 Nissan 240SX 0 0%
Other 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 06:24 PM   #16
racer_in_black
AF Enthusiast

Re: HELP me decide.

There's no such thing as no high insurance for you. You're male, under 25, not much experience driving (legally). It's still a sporty car but it's not a two seater which would officially make it a sport car but the 240 would be your best bet in that department I would think.
racer_in_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 07:51 PM   #17
OmegaZ_27
AF Newbie

Hmm... young age... join the club. I'm 16 myself.

Well... my personal favorite is the '86 Corolla Trueno, but availability on those is extremely hard to find. I think that the late '80s Mazda RX7 FCs and late '80s Nissan 180/240SX S13 are pretty easy to find, depending on where you live. I'd choose the FC because they're rotary and you can do some crazy stuff to them. Or if you want to go for some nice body work, I'd go for an S13 and get the JDM front end.

BTW, are you an Initial D fan? I'm guessing that you want to go into drifting by your choices of cars.

And yes, Im going to have to agree with racer_in_black, there's no such thing as cheap insurance for 16 year olds. Plus, the cars you're looking at are pretty much labeled sports cars. Why dont you just settle for a cheap car for now? I mean, its not like youre gonna keep the car forever. You can just use the "clunker" as a get around car to work and then save your money for your later car. Dont make the mistake that most guys have made (so says my brother). They end up dumping in their money into their first cars and then they lose it all because of insurance and accidents. So it's best to just keep a simple car and not worry about it.

*sigh* hope this helps.
OmegaZ_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 07:19 PM   #18
{Hachi-Roku}
AF Newbie

Yeah, I see what you're saying about insurence. I'm really thinking about the 240 I was thinking about the front end conversion, I wouldn't know where to find it thoguh. If you know a place let me know.

Yeah, I like drifting and dragging. I wanted to set my car up (when i get a good one) for drifting and dragging. I do think drifting is way cool so I hope I get good at it.

Yes, I do plan to get a "clunker" it's a '98 Eagle Talon Esi(manual trans.), for like $500 bucks, it has like 150,000 miles, and it has a rust spot in the trunk and a metal piece sticking out in the chair, and rusty wheels, so i'm going to stick it in my dad's garage all winter and fix it, then when i'm gonig to get my license in january, so when i can drive it. I'll drive it for awhile and then sell it for a little more than $500.

I've liked drifting ever since I seen some clips of it and some stuff from the D1. Then since I like anime I decided to see Initial D because it had the AE86 in it and some drifting stuff.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:10 AM   #19
racer_in_black
AF Enthusiast

I don't think you can set up a car for both drift and drag racing. Two completely different set ups. One is complete power and the other is balance, can't have both. Besides, it takes too much money to mod a car.
racer_in_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 01:18 PM   #20
OmegaZ_27
AF Newbie

Yeah. Both drag and drift are completely different setups. Sometimes it's not the best to have a lot of power for drifting. If you're going on country roads that no people drive on, go for drift. (I would only go drifting on the track though because if cops see you on the street drifting, say goodbye to your car.) or if you want to do the common thing and just go straightaway or freeway racing, go drag. Heh. When my brother had his 00 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, we took it on the freeway all the time. But too risky, if your going 150 and hit something, say goodbye to your car and your life.

I'd say go show/cruiser. Just get a nice car with all the power setups and just cruise around town and take it to shows. And if ya want speed, go to a track or dragstrip. It's legal and it's safer.

About the 240/180SX, here are a few good sites for mods (* is for the front end conversion):
www.sr20detperformance.com
www.intensepower.com
*www.phase2motortrend.com
www.hopupracing.com

You can find the front end conversion at most 240sx/180sx centered websites. Just ask em. Well, hope this helps out!
OmegaZ_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 03:51 PM   #21
{Hachi-Roku}
AF Newbie

I know drifting and dragging are diffrent set-up, but what I guess what I was going to say is that I'd probably do both with my car. I probably take it to the strip to go fast and stuff like that so I wouldn't lose my car or kill myself.

I probably will just mod my car and stuff and take it to shows and stuff at first but then I'll probably get into drifting or something, if I get the chance to.

Thanks for the sites.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:33 PM   #22
oscar89
AF Newbie

Get a 3000GT. Becuse they're 4WD Turbo. Nobody is going to able to keep up with you.
oscar89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:53 PM   #23
toyota_ae86
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by {Hachi-Roku}
Yeah, i'm only 16.
dont be getting a corolla, big mistake! they eat the money. i got my first corolla at 16, man im still driving it, but it eats the money. maintince mainly.
toyota_ae86 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sprinter