Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-25-2001, 10:00 PM   #1
BMU325
AF Newbie

Help with a 325 purchase

Hi, I am planning to buy a 2002 325i and I have read that one of you had purchased one for 2500 under MSRP. I am looking for one that the MSRP is 34,345, and I was wondering where in the US did this person get their BMW with $2500 off MSRP? or Was this a one-time special deal or is it normal for that dealer? I am willing to travel anywhere in the US. Thanks lots for your help!
BMU325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 05:26 AM   #2
axboi2001x
AF Newbie

i believe that guy got his around San Francisco Bay area, some "popular" dealer. i don't remember the exact name, but it should be around there. 2500 off is a big jump, i paid mine exactly as it displays on the sticker, without one penny gone. but heck that's the way BMW are...just be happy they don't have an asking price attached to the cars. because rarely do you find the right car on the lot, most of them are ordered. I just got lucky, because I got a car that was ordered, the guy didn't want it because he couldn't wait any longer. so i got a car that was pretty much the same as i wanted...black 330i...black leather, automatic (the only minor con), sport package, HK audio, xenon, CD, everything in the premium package except the "out of place" wood trim...he had to pick "a la carte" style, so my MSRP went up like a bitch...well good luck looking~
axboi2001x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 02:28 PM   #3
BMU325
AF Newbie

Thanks for the reply. I have called a dealer that is only 100 miles away and offered him 2000 off MSRP and he is going to talk to his manager and get back to me. I guess that is not too much off from what they are willing to take if he was going to take the time to talk to his manager. I would love the sport package, but I know you have to order those and I don't want to wait a year. I bet your price did jump by having to buy it all separately. I thought about that because I don't necessarily like the wood trim, but my dad talked me into it. Anyway, I hope you are having lots of fun with your 330i. Thanks again!
Old 12-29-2001, 05:28 PM   #4
pod13
AF Newbie

I just ordered a 2002 330Ci and paid about $2000 over invoice from my local dealer. I have heard many who pay no more than $1500 over invoice. It will take eight weeks to deliver, not a year.

If you hate to haggle and want to pay MSRP then go right ahead... its your money. Don't think that you have to pay MSRP to get a BMW, though.

If you really want the BEST deal, ANYWHERE in the country... you can have this guy do the leg work for you. Highly recommended.

EuroBuyers

Last edited by pod13; 12-29-2001 at 08:51 PM.
pod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 12:02 PM   #5
Philip
AF Newbie

BMU325..... or any other people who would like a great deal and wonderful service...

I just picked up my 2002 Orient Blue 325Ci on Saturday at Devon Hill Motors in Devon, PA. I had an excellent sales person who put together a tremendous deal. He beat all other deals within a 50 mile radius. I do not know how much I paid over his cost, but I paid thousands under sticker price. Of course, the state sales tax in PA (6%) added back a few grand.

Bottom Line: This is my 1st BMW and I'm 44....My wife wanted a 4 door since we have a child but I've been driving a coupe for 12 years and did not want to give up that look....If you are interested in a new or used BMW, I'd call Greg DeRaco at Devon Hilll Motors. I waited about 7 weeks for delivery from the date of our contract. The car runs great without a squeak or rattle. Excellent acceleration, deceleration and supension..the Natuarl Brown leather also looks great with the wood trim and is a new color leather this year.

This sums up my experience with my new BMW: I told my wife that I still love her too....And she understands.

I know a lot of people on this site believe they need the extra power of the 330. Believe me, unless you plan on racing or need to go from 0 - 40mph in a fraction of a second faster, save your $4 - 5 K and buy your girlfreind or wife a nice present. (Or you could invest the money at 8% and double your money in 9 years).

But what do I know, there are people paying over $50K for an M-3 which has over 300 HP and over $100K for a Testaroso with over a zillion HP.

Unfortunately, they only wanted to give me a fraction of the Kelly Blue Book Value for my Infiniti, so I'll just have to sell it myself.

Phil
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 12:29 PM   #6
pod13
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Philip
I know a lot of people on this site believe they need the extra power of the 330. Believe me, unless you plan on racing or need to go from 0 - 40mph in a fraction of a second faster, save your $4 - 5 K and buy your girlfreind or wife a nice present.
Phil, I thought like you do, but decided on spending the extra cash anyway for a 330Ci.

I went into the dealer and ordered a 325, but after considering all the differences between the two coupes I renegotiated for a 330Ci.

My advice is to really look at all the differences between the two cars (its not just about HP) and decide what it is you want from your car and what is going to make you happy. Don't just buy a 330 because I told you to.

Last edited by pod13; 01-01-2002 at 11:24 PM.
pod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 01:12 PM   #7
BMU325
AF Newbie

Phil--
Was this just a special deal for you or does this dealership always give below MSRP? Also, did it take 7 weeks to get your 2002 BMW 325ci because you special ordered it?
Thanks,
BMW325
Old 01-01-2002, 01:18 PM   #8
BMU325
AF Newbie

Phil--One more thing!....Do you have the number for Greg DeRaco at Devon Hill Motors?...Thanks!
Old 01-01-2002, 04:07 PM   #9
Philip
AF Newbie

This was not a special deal for me...Greg just beat the lowest price I negotiated with all other BMW dealers in a 50 mile or more radius of my home. I never knew met him before and have no personal or financial interest in having you call him. Devon Hill Motors can be found in Devon, PA, which is a 484 area code.

Again, I test drove the 330 Ci and while it was more powerful, it was also much louder then the 325 Ci that I bought.

The only thing I really wish I had, and which is no big deal since my seats are very comfortable, is the auto 4 way lumbar support, not available as an option with the 325 model.

Phil
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series