Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 11:28 PM   #1
chubbs36chambers
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to chubbs36chambers
Talking Hard to find model kits

I have a question which models are hard to find? I have a friend in seattle that has over 2000 model kits and other sources that have even more model kits and well he told me that he could hook me up with hard to find model kits ranging from Tamiya, Fujimi, Hasegawa, Revell,Amt, Etc.... and i was like holy shit this dude is kidding me right? but he wasnt he sent me a Tamiya Nissan Calsonic Primera Jtcc model kit for free cause i told him that i was in building models and that i was looking for that kit and today when i went to pick up the mail there it was i was like what the f*ck i didnt order this. So when i opend the box i read his letter and it said "Chubbs whenever you need any model no matter what it is maybe i can get it for you. But those are going to cost you some $$$ this one is free cause we go back a long time and cause you have helped me out through bad times." So now i need to know do which model kits are hard to find please list them with the model company the name of the model with the model number and a picture. Maybe i can hook you guys up!! i just called him and asked him to get me a BMW Compact "Rieger-Tunning" by revell and he said he has a friend that has the Revell Advantage kits and he might have it. So Im So stoked right now!!! so people put up some kits... oh yeah by the way i would put up some simley faces but i dont know any commands for that so pm me some commands.....

SORRY FOR THE LONG THREAD!!

"Death gotta be easy cause life is hard it'll leave you physically mentaly scarred." - 50 Cent

Mines Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34)
chubbs36chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 11:44 PM   #2
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

Well, the rare ones are AMT's old annual kits. Back in the 50's and 60's, AMT would issue kits of all the major new cars of the year. These kits are often the only way (besides resin transkits) to get certain classic cars.

AMC Gremlin? AMT annual. 1959 Buick LeSabre? AMT annual. 1968 Ford Falcon? AMT annual.

MPC and Johan also did annual kits that are a pain to locate as well. MPC's 1973 Dodge Charger kit and Johan's 1971 AMC Javelin are perfect examples.

In fact, if you want a challenge, track down one of the Johan 1971 AMC Trans-Am Javelins that were done up like the Penske Javelins that won the 1971 Trans-Am championship. Those kits usually sell for hundreds of dollars.

If import kits are more your bag, Gunze Sangyo is a fun company. In particular, their Ferrari 250GTO, Ferrari 250SWB, and Shelby Cobra Daytona coupe are incredibly rare and gorgeous kits filled with photoetch and metal. Protar is another good one, with 1/12scale kits that rival Tamiya's and some very pretty 1/24th scale kits, like their 250GTO kit (complete with metal transfers for the window trim on the opening doors!)

And if you can land a good deal on one, I'm really in the hunt for a good deal on the Johan Drag-On Lady 1969 AMC AMX Super Stocker kit. That's a top one on my list. Along with the AMT Blueprinter reissue of their Sunbeam Tiger kit, and a Revell Mickey Thompson Challenger 1 kit. That's pretty high on my list.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:47 AM   #3
DSM-Mark
AF Enthusiast

Re: Hard to find model kits

The problem with old kits is that I can never justify spending the money to get them... but if your buddy wants to send me a Hasegawa 944 Turbo (street or racing) i'd be stoked... they're going for $70 plus on ebay nowadays, if you can find them...
Old 01-14-2004, 01:25 AM   #4
David_
AF Enthusiast

Re: Hard to find model kits

the hasegawa evo3 is oop, so thats hard.... and also the tamiya fc (the one with engine)

and erm........ i want to get a starion for my uncle to build.... but i duno where i can find one....
David_ is offline   Reply With Quote