Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
IsuzuFire
AF Newbie

Performance Help

Hey everybody. First off, I gotta say that I'm here for help. Not to be told I'm crazy or stupid or any shit like that. My project is a 1999 isuzu amigo. I am in the process of turning it into a show truck. I'm stupid, I'm crazy, their are so many Better cars to work with out there etc. Yeah. I've heard it all. Which is why I came to this site. I'm hoping somebody here can just tell me the facts that I'm looking for. If you don't have somethig productive to say, then please just don't comment on this. With that said I'm looking for somebody to tell me where to het started performance wise on this. So far I have cold air intake and an n1 exhaust. I am planning to run a turbo setup. I know I need custom headers and all that kinda shit. Low compresion pistons and everything like that. And their are almost no agtermarket pats out there for these
SUVs so I know the money it's gonna take to do this. I know I'm gonna have to have close to everything custom made. That's another part of my question. If anybody knows an like machine shops or anything in jersey let me know. I'm basically just asking for somebody to tell me where to start. I really just need stuff like the best turbos for my purpose and all that kinda crap. Any help is appreciated. But guys like I said if you're just gonna criticize me for my project ora anything then please just don't say nothin. I just came here for help. Thanks
Chris.
IsuzuFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:14 PM   #2
dizzle1
AF Regular

Re: Performance Help

What kind of amigo is it exactly 4x4 3.2 V6 205hp 214tq 5spd manual and your mileage.

They are body on frame which is good but if your amigo was a 4 cylinder I think you can do turbo they have cast iron blocks. But that’s not it you may have to build the engine and looking for those specific parts may take an extensive amount of time.
Maybe you should sell it and get a 2004 rodeo they had an available 3.5 V6 that made 250hp and 246tq. The passport was dropped in 2002 that only had 205hp.
dizzle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
IsuzuFire
AF Newbie

Re: Performance Help

its a '99 with the 3.2 205 horse v6. actually i kinda had a change of plans for right now. for the next year or so im gonna use it as a dailey driver to build up my funds for my 240sx project. so in maybe a year or so give or take a little when my 240 is all built up i can drive that to make my money while im workin on the rodeo sport. my plans for the r/s is i was talkin to a guy who did this with his 1st gen amigo. im gonna rip the motor and tranny and do a 2jzgte swap. by this time ill have all the money i need for that. still havin to use the r/s as a daily driver for a little while will still be fun as hell. i have a full exhaust runnin straight all the way back. no cats so its got as much flow as its gonna get. through an n1 can. sounds hella nice. and a few other little things done to the engine so its gonna be fun. but i cant wait the get the 2jz in her. thanks
IsuzuFire is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
engine , performance , suv , turbo
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical