Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 09:20 PM   #1
threadfin-nole
AF Newbie

no acceleration?

Has anyone had any problems with your Murano in regards to no acceleration? I have an 05 Murano SL. My wife drives it to and from work everyday. At about 6k miles she goes to leave for work one morning and the car will not accelerate. When she pushed the gas the engine barely revs and the car limps to maybe 7 mph. After about 5 min the car runs correctly and she immediately took it to the dealer. They replaced the entire fuel rail and said it was a fluke thing. Well, yesterday morning at 15k miles the same thing happened. I actually got to drive it while it was limping this time before it finaly acted right. Well we took it back to the dealer and all they did this time was reset the computer and some sort of idle sensor. Anybody with the same experience?

My main concern is that this could happen at anytime without warning. Imagine if she was trying to cross lanes of traffic and the car wouldn't accelerate!
threadfin-nole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:25 PM   #2
FixUrNissan
AF Regular

Re: no acceleration?

Take it to the dealer .. Your Throtle body is not responding. You have an Electronic throtle body witch reads voltage from teh gas pedal telling it how much to open up to let air in .. You either need to have it replaced or The Idle has to be programed for it to relearn the air fuel mixture.
FixUrNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:08 PM   #3
threadfin-nole
AF Newbie

Same thing the dealer is telling me. Just took it in again yesterday. Same problem......this is now the 3rd throttle body, fuel rail, sensor ect ect that this Murano has had. It has 18k miles. Am I looking at lemon law material here? Other than having the windows roll down on their own one night I haven't had any problems. Great car.
threadfin-nole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:08 PM   #4
FixUrNissan
AF Regular

the windows going down on there own , do you find the doors unlocked?

Hmm as far as your no power. I wonder if were dealing with a trans issue not engine. The trans will not shift because it is a cvt trans, so you may be in some kinda fail safe and be misjudging whats failing. How often does it happen?
Any code? let me know i m intrigued
FixUrNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 06:03 AM   #5
RAREROD74
AF Newbie

yeah p2135, is the check engine light on ?? also I have encountered murano owners with the same problem due to those aftermarket thick floor mats which gets stuck under the gas pedal causing poor acceration ..
RAREROD74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:25 PM   #6
merlot murano
AF Newbie

i have the same problem with my 2005 murano at 16k. they replaced the throttle body sensor. then it happened again at 28k; same failure code came up on their computer. this tells me that something else is wrong and the computer is only picking up a symptom of a bigger problem. both times the service mgr said that its the only time he' ever seen this happen to a murano. does anyone think it could be a defect in the transmission? oh, and the check engine light did come on.
merlot murano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 11:59 AM   #7
RAREROD74
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlot murano
i have the same problem with my 2005 murano at 16k. they replaced the throttle body sensor. then it happened again at 28k; same failure code came up on their computer. this tells me that something else is wrong and the computer is only picking up a symptom of a bigger problem. both times the service mgr said that its the only time he' ever seen this happen to a murano. does anyone think it could be a defect in the transmission? oh, and the check engine light did come on.
I have seen this failure on many nissans with the electronic throttle control motor the main reason they fail is ecm detects abnormal voltage reading from throttle motor causing the check engine light to come on . the throttle sensor is a vital sensor for engine and transmisson operation replacing the part maybe a premature fix if proper diagnosis was not done .
RAREROD74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #8
jmaifill
AF Newbie

we have a 2005 murano yesterday we got on the highway and it just would not accelerate over 80kmh has anyone ever had this problem before is it the transmittion ...?
jmaifill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 05:37 PM   #9
rgd233
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: no acceleration?

Got a friend with an 05 Murano and had no acceleration issue. We wound up at the catalytic converter. Cut out rear cats and car runs fine. Cats were clogged. Not saying that's your problem but ya never know. Good luck.
rgd233 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45