Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 12:25 AM   #31
sincin
AF Newbie

Re: Thinking of Riding

I am thinking about getting a street bike; however, i dont know anything about them. I dont know what size bike to get. I'm 5'7 and 135lbs. Want brands are good? what do I look for??
sincin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:53 AM   #32
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

Read the threads pertaining to this subject at the top of the forums. There is no one bike that would make you a good starter bike. Do you want a sportbike, standard, cruiser, etc... The best suggestion I can make is to buy a smaller CC used bike, preferably with minimum plastic to break when you eventually drop it, and take an MSF training course. You'll be very suprised what you didn't know about safely riding a motorcycle after you do.

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
richtazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:29 AM   #33
jeffcoslacker
Lactose the Intolerant

Quote:
Originally Posted by richtazz
Read the threads pertaining to this subject at the top of the forums. There is no one bike that would make you a good starter bike. Do you want a sportbike, standard, cruiser, etc... The best suggestion I can make is to buy a smaller CC used bike, preferably with minimum plastic to break when you eventually drop it, and take an MSF training course. You'll be very suprised what you didn't know about safely riding a motorcycle after you do.
I think the 250/450 Honda Rebel has to be the quintessential and ultimate beginner bike....they hold up well to a low speed drop, usually only suffering a small dent in the tank and break the end off the lever on that side...they are tough, reliable, low and light, reasonably powerful for the displacement, and handle well enough to put a smile on an experienced rider's face...although they will never admit to enjoying it.

And the best part is, you can usually find them, only a couple of years old with virtually no miles, tank dented and lever ends broken off already so you don't have to kick yourself when you drop it... ...usually around $1500, and after 6 months or a year of learning on it, it'll still get you most of your money back on resale..

...empty gun rack.
jeffcoslacker is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes