Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #136
stvnrt
AF Newbie

Re: Intermittent wiper problem

I had the problem with intermittent not working, and I replaced the relay on the module behind the glove box with Mouser relay 551-EQ1-22111S as discussed by many of you. On installation, the wipers work on intermittent, slow, and fast. However the wiper blades are now parking in the vertical position. Any ideas?
stvnrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #137
B.Kahuna
AF Newbie

Re: Intermittent wiper problem Fixed!!! (almost)

01 Rodeo LS, My 1st post, hope I'm doing this right.

Gotta say thanks to all the contributors to this forum. I had the intermittent wiper go out on my 01 Rodeo, subsequently would not pass state inspection because the wiper would stop at whatever position when I turned them off.
Simple problem right... just turn them off at the bottom of the cycle. However the state inspection dudes said they obstructed my vision. Duh

So like many "shade tree mechanics" I started throwing parts at the problem. First a salvaged wiper motor to no avail. Then I contemplated ordering the entire new wiper control stalk . Only the relative high cost of $175 prevented me from making that error.

Finally, a light bulb went off and I discovered this great resource. This thread lead me to the culprit, the RY6 relay in the alarm control unit. I reluctantly learned basic soldering via u-tube etc and completed the relay desoldering a two sided IC board and threw in a replacement relay from Mouser Electronics. And presto....

After 6 wks outta commission, I drove my resurrected Rodeo to the inspection station this morning and it passed!!! The wiper work perfectly in all modes. Thanks you guys, if I could do this repair anyone can.

Oh, one more issue, since the alarm unit was out of the car so long, I've forgotten how the two other "Boxes" reattach. I ended up with three extra fastners... I tucked the larger and small black boxes back in place and they are not rattling .... so far. But does any one have a picture or diagram of how this puzzle goes back together so that I can do it right? thanks BK

If anyone needs a relay, LMK I have one left I'd be glad to give to someone.
B.Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to B.Kahuna For This Useful Post:
Treehouseman (02-16-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #138
Treehouseman
AF Newbie

Re: Intermittent wiper problem Fixed!!! (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Kahuna View Post
01 Rodeo LS, My 1st post, hope I'm doing this right.

Gotta say thanks to all the contributors to this forum. I had the intermittent wiper go out on my 01 Rodeo, subsequently would not pass state inspection because the wiper would stop at whatever position when I turned them off.
Simple problem right... just turn them off at the bottom of the cycle. However the state inspection dudes said they obstructed my vision. Duh

So like many "shade tree mechanics" I started throwing parts at the problem. First a salvaged wiper motor to no avail. Then I contemplated ordering the entire new wiper control stalk . Only the relative high cost of $175 prevented me from making that error.

Finally, a light bulb went off and I discovered this great resource. This thread lead me to the culprit, the RY6 relay in the alarm control unit. I reluctantly learned basic soldering via u-tube etc and completed the relay desoldering a two sided IC board and threw in a replacement relay from Mouser Electronics. And presto....

After 6 wks outta commission, I drove my resurrected Rodeo to the inspection station this morning and it passed!!! The wiper work perfectly in all modes. Thanks you guys, if I could do this repair anyone can.

Oh, one more issue, since the alarm unit was out of the car so long, I've forgotten how the two other "Boxes" reattach. I ended up with three extra fastners... I tucked the larger and small black boxes back in place and they are not rattling .... so far. But does any one have a picture or diagram of how this puzzle goes back together so that I can do it right? thanks BK

If anyone needs a relay, LMK I have one left I'd be glad to give to someone.
Where did you get your relays from? I have a 2001 Honda Passport, just had the engine replaced and the only remaining issue is the wipers. Since you are using the same board and you successfully fixed yours, I'm wanting to take the best shot I can at doing the same, I don't want to make it worse like some people have and need to spend even more money, especially since all the relays need to be replaced, none of the relays actually work properly right now.
Treehouseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #139
myworkhorse99
AF Newbie

I just pulled the alarm circuit board. It's a battle to get a small access. Is there a better way to access the board?
myworkhorse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #140
myworkhorse99
AF Newbie

I need help in getting easy access on alarm circuit board on a 99 Rodeo so I can fix the relay. I already pulled it but almost lost a finger. Please help.
myworkhorse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #141
amigo-2k
Isuzu Guy

Car Show Tips
Operations manager with a results-driven passion for process improvement
FAQ 98-04 Isuzu Rodeo, Rodeo Sport, Amigo, Trooper

SOLD - NOV2015 - 2000 Amigo, V6, HT winter, ST summer, 2wd
amigo-2k is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU