Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > 6000
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 08:06 PM   #1
Doubleshot
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Doubleshot
Unhappy 88 Pont 6000 stalls at startup

I have a 1988 potiac 6000 2.8 v6. Car began stalling and now will not continue to run. Start then immediatly stall. Fuel pressure at approx 50 lbs. New fuel filter. Spark seems good as a timing light is used to verify the pulse while trying to start. Check of the spark on a plug is good. No distributor, has the amplifier setup. Air filter new. Plug wires and plugs not new but only a couple of months driving (3000 miles). Computer trouble codes do not show any issues. Reading by the flashing check engine light. Only get a code 12. Car ran good until a couple of days ago.
Don't know what to look for next.....
Doubleshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:05 AM   #2
Doubleshot
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Doubleshot
Re: 88 Pont 6000 stalls at startup

Even tho there are no trouble codes, local mechs stated to change the CPS (crank pos sensor). Same issue. Another tech stated it could be the injector/injectors shorted. I would think that would flag a code, he said not necessarily. I will pull the ign module and test and replace the coils first, as I had a similar issue with my boat (4.3 GM) that turned out to be a coil.
Doubleshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #3
royengle
AF Newbie

Re: 88 Pont 6000 stalls at startup

I am having the same problem with my 89 Pontiac 6000 LE. Was running OK, then stalls. Will start a day later. Temperature Issue? Has fuel pressure to the injector rail. Poured gasoline into the air filter, and key started the car, it runs until the fuel is gone from the filter, then stops. So ignition is OK, no CPS = Crankshaft Position Sensor problems here. Has to be those Fuel Injectors are not firing. why? Is the Computer Module not turning them on? because of a bad senor input. The Oil Pressure (gauge) is working OK. Also, previously replaced Oxygen Sensor, no change. Some temperature switch involved here?
royengle is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > 6000