Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Chevrolet Classics
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
Beautys Got Muscle
AF Newbie

!Beautys Got Muscle!

My name is Katie P. I am a 23 year old companion of a 1978 Chevy Nova named Nathaniel “Ned” Nova. He is my first car; he is my only car and he has stolen my heart. In a crazy attempt to prove our love is real, Ned and I are on a mission to meet other women with muscle cars like us who are madly in love. When you love something you want to know everything there is to know about it, and I’d love to learn it from other people like myself who understand that love.

I started a photo/film project in college, which was me and Ned going around and meeting women with muscle cars, getting to know them, and learning what we could from them. I live on Long Island, NY and have been going to car shows for sometime to find women who owned the cars they were standing next to, and I’ll tell you what, it’s a lot harder than it sounds. Every time I would go, it would become more and more discouraging because there were so few of us. I once went to a car show of over 500 cars, and only found 3 women.

I graduated from college this last May with a degree in photography, and after loosing a close friend of mine to cancer in August I had an epiphany of how I was going to live my life. Instead of working in a job I hate, day in and out, I plan to do something great and unique with the one thing in this world I love the most, Ned Nova. So I am heading out across the country filming the entire experience of the search, the struggle, the car shows, the meetings, and the women like myself, in love with their muscle cars.

For more detailed information about myself and the project, check out:

www.beautysgotmuscle.com

We've just got back from our first trip down south. Check out the teaser!

Our next destination we're planning is from the Atlantic to the Pacific. Wish us luck, follow along on our Facebook and Twitter, and if your a lady with some sweet ride, or just someone interested in getting involved, email me at beautysgotmuscle@gmail.com

Thanks All!
meandned.jpg
-Katie P & Ned Nova-

Beautys Got Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
Ol'Jim
AF Regular

Re: !Beautys Got Muscle!

Glad to see a young lady who is into Classic American cars! Welcome to AF!
Have you ever checked out any of the women who drag race in the NHRA? There are a handful of Beauties with Lots of Muscle, who compete with the best in the Pro ranks, and at the grass-roots (local) level, there are many girls who rock some awesome muscle cars, and flat-out get it done against the boys in the "Bracket Racing" series, at tracks all over the country. Find your nearest dragstrip, look up the schedule, and go visit during a bracket race. Admission is usually very inexpensive, you get to wander throught he Pits, and it is like going to a car show, the amount of incredible American Muscle will blow you away! And I am certain you will find some female hot rodders who share your approach, attitude, and passion for their cars. Check it out, and let us know what you find! You might also visit the track on a "Test & Tune" night, (sometimes called "Grudge Night", because the old "discussions" about who's car is faster can be settled on the track, side by side, in a safe and controlled environment). If you want, you can even make a few passes down the strip in Ned, and find out just how much muscle he's got, as well! I will caution you, though - it is addictive!
1970 Chevelle SS454 (Gave to my son 9 years ago for his 18th birthday. Yeah, I know, crazy, right? Thank goodness he doesn't drive it the way I would, -er, did...).
1971 Monte Carlo SS454 Drag Racer. The old girl finally got new paint!
1968 Camaro SS (New race car project). Caged, Tubbed, Back-Half/Ladder Bars. Rolling Chassis (For now).
Ol'Jim is offline   Reply With Quote