Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 6
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 06:31 PM   #1
Mazda6ownr
AF Newbie

Exclamation Programming Keyless Entry for MAZDA 6

I noticed that there is another thread with this same title, but nobody seems to be posting on it anymore so I decided to start another thread.

Previous Advice that was given included these steps:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Step 1: Open drivers door and leave open.

Step 2: Lock and unlock the drivers door using the power door lock switch on the door.

Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.

Step 4: Turn key to on position and return to off position. (IMPORTANT - use ON position NOT ACC position). Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. Leave key in the ignition.

Step 5: Open and close the drivers door 3 times. (Door should be left open after this step).

Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors.

Step 7: Press any button on remote #1. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.

Step 8: Press any button on remote #2 (etc.) Each time the ECU will respond by locking & unlocking the doors.

Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series of door locks and unlocks. You're done!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently purchased a used 2003 Mazda 6, but the keyless entry remotes that were supplied don't work. So I tried these steps as they are stated above, as well as with several variations. In each variation, I changed how many times I pressed the remote button in Step 7. Nothing worked!

When I ran through the steps, I was able to get through Step 6 without a problem, I got the proper responses (doors locking/unlocking). As soon as I press the remote button, I don't get the proper response. If I go on to do Step 9, I DO get the proper response. IT IS NOT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE NEW BATTERIES IN THERE, I DO, I JUST REPLACED THEM!!!

So basically I need to know how to get Step 7 and beyond to work properly. Please give me constructive, useful advice.
>>In the other thread, one user said that they had just flipped the battery, but this is clearly wrong since the circuit board tells you that the PLUS side faces up. This was the worst most useless advice!! (GTIduffer)

If anyone has tried the same things I have, and gotten the same results, please post what you did to fix the problem.

THANKS a bunch to everyone in advance!!!,
Mazda6ownr
Mazda6ownr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
jaljjh07
AF Newbie

Re: Programming Keyless Entry for MAZDA 6

I have the same issues, did you ever get an answer.
jaljjh07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:59 PM   #3
Onblsht
Authorized Vendor

Are you sure you have the correct Mazda remote?

FCC: KPU41805 and Model # 41805

If you have Model # 41848, that is for an Rx8 and won't work for your Mazda 6.

Direct Link - http://originalkeyless.com/searchqui...keywords=41805

Last edited by Onblsht; 10-11-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Onblsht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #4
happygirl
AF Newbie

I have the same problem, ran through the steps several times (like 30 +) with no luck. Tried the version where you turn the key four times instead of 3 to verify your system is working...got the trunk popping, horn sounding and all that, but when I retried the reprogramming steps still no luck. Does anyone know what I could do to reset this? The remote worked just fine for a year, and then nada, nothing, zilch. Had the battery checked and it is strong and in properly. Help!!
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:38 PM   #5
rakrak1
AF Newbie

If you have the factory remote start you have to program it differently. step 1 open drivers door. step 2 turn the key to the run position. step threepress and hold the program override button until the horn beeps and the lights flash.(override button should be under the dash by the drivers kickpanel). press the panic button once on each of the remotes to be programmed ( I did old and the new one) the horn will beep to indicate the remote has been learned. turn off the key and test. Worked the first time for me!
rakrak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
adamgrant
AF Newbie

Step 1 make sure all doors are closed with key out of ignition, step 2 open drivers door, insert key into ignition, step 3 cycle key from on to lock position 3 times, ending in off, leaving key in cylinder. Step 4 close and open drivers door 3 times leaving open on the thrid, door locks should activate, iff they don't, wiat 45sec, start over. Step 5 push any button on remote twice, door locks should activate. Step 6, remove key from ignition cylinderr to exit program mode,
adamgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:42 AM   #7
skrnoopuram
AF Newbie

Hellow dears, I have a used Mazda 6 2007 purchased 8 months before. Since the day I purchased, my keyless entry is not working. when i pressed lock/unlock button in the key, a light is blinking in it. But no response in the car. Car is getting started, it doesn't have any defect. I have replaced battery in th key also but on vain. I followed th proceedure explained here and no response anywhere after step 5. The keyless entry alarm symbol is flashing in the instt. cluster when the car is locked. Can anybody help me.
skrnoopuram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:46 AM   #8
skrnoopuram
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakrak1 View Post
If you have the factory remote start you have to program it differently. step 1 open drivers door. step 2 turn the key to the run position. step threepress and hold the program override button until the horn beeps and the lights flash.(override button should be under the dash by the drivers kickpanel). press the panic button once on each of the remotes to be programmed ( I did old and the new one) the horn will beep to indicate the remote has been learned. turn off the key and test. Worked the first time for me!
Hallo, rakrak1; Can you please tell us exactly what is the "override button" as you told that it should be under the dash by the drivers kickpanel. And also exact location.thanks
skrnoopuram is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
mazda 6 keyless entry
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 6