Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > Cosmetics
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Cosmetics interior, exterior, wheels.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 06:07 AM   #16
v_knot
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to v_knot
Brian,

Your method would also work great as well. I am too cheap to pay for the "goo-gone" stuff! Let alone the trouble finding it. LOL That's a buck or two off my turbo fund! As far as gas got spilled on paint.....have you seen anything, like colour degradation, on rear driver-side fender below the gas door yet? I think not. So it should not be a problem at all.

The Infiniti emblem was from the Q45. It actually stands out very well!! Yes, she once said the bigger, the better! LOL...
Tinted (20%); Momo Cobra Shift Knob w/ Boot; RAZO Titanium Stainless Alloy Pedals; PIAA Super White Bulbs (#15660); PIAA Platinium Super White Clearance Bulbs (#19169); PIAA Ion Crystal Bulbs (#13555); Clear Repeaters; "Primera" badge; "GT" badge; Q45 Infiniti emblem; Red G2 Brake Calipers Paint.
v_knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 04:06 PM   #17
TRBOBRK
AF Enthusiast

Gasoline and Goo gone, it will work but you have to wipe it off quick before it eats your clear coat.

I used a Hair dryer and dental floss to remove. Simple green and t-shirt cloth material cleaned it up real nice.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:48 AM   #18
Kuruptd4life
AF Newbie

Re: Insightful Advice On How To Remove Badges/Emblem adhesive

Hey - i followed your guys advice - it worked out pretty good - not paint scratch or anything. a Good buff got the shine back in.

But in certain view under different light, u can still see the outline of the badge - its not really noticeable unless you walk right up and put your nose next to it , but its buggin me - i like to do a job 100%.

Any ideas to get rid of the outline? I removed all the glue and residue (it took me longer than 30 mins!!) - when you run ur finger across the area its smooth and flat - that outline is still buggin me.

So - any ideas on getting rid of that outline?? the only ideas i got are let nature run its course over the area, constant wash, wax and buff. If anyone knows somethin - Thanks in advance!!!
Kuruptd4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #19
dcarter238
AF Newbie

Talking Re: Insightful Advice On How To Remove Badges/Emblem adhesive

I just used unleaded petrol and it worked a treat!! I had already tried wd40 de-greaser and all sorts of chemical but petrol got it straight off with hardly any elbow grease needed!! ttp://staticaf.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/ices_lol_ani.gif
dcarter238 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > Cosmetics