Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 08:12 PM   #106
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KrNxRaCer00 Send a message via Yahoo to KrNxRaCer00
import=good for some ppl
domestic=good for some ppl

all preference...end of story.

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
2000 Acura Integra Type R (sold)
1994 Acura Integra GSR (retired/sold)
Old 03-25-2003, 05:30 PM   #107
integra818
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to integra818 Send a message via Yahoo to integra818
I hav'nt read the whole thread but I'll post my opinion...

Domestics are good, and so are imports. But when teh domestic guys refer to imports , all they talk about are civics with fart cans which are'nt exacly the only import. They're forgetting the supras that are cabable of quad digit hp numbers and single digit timeslips

I'm an import fan, but it does'nt mean I hate domestics, they're just DIFFERENT from what I like. I like small, light cars than can pull about 1.0 G and outhandle big-dollar sports cars. I ALSO like early mustangs which are waytoo fast for their price, and the older camaros. The new neon srt-4 is a car I would gladley trade my GSR for .

Botme line is, domestics don't suck and niether do imports. The're just different. People are different as well (no shit!), and tehy like diferent types of cars.

OK, I'm babling too much, I'll stop now
Old 03-26-2003, 06:01 PM   #108
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by integra818
I hav'nt read the whole thread but I'll post my opinion...

Domestics are good, and so are imports. But when teh domestic guys refer to imports , all they talk about are civics with fart cans which are'nt exacly the only import. They're forgetting the supras that are cabable of quad digit hp numbers and single digit timeslips

I'm an import fan, but it does'nt mean I hate domestics, they're just DIFFERENT from what I like. I like small, light cars than can pull about 1.0 G and outhandle big-dollar sports cars. I ALSO like early mustangs which are waytoo fast for their price, and the older camaros. The new neon srt-4 is a car I would gladley trade my GSR for .

Botme line is, domestics don't suck and niether do imports. The're just different. People are different as well (no shit!), and tehy like diferent types of cars.

OK, I'm babling too much, I'll stop now
Perfect words... I am a big fan of lotuses by the way, it's just a shame they dont' market the elise in the states, i would pick that up in an instant, one of my favs of all time.
Old 03-26-2003, 08:08 PM   #109
Murco
Maximum Car Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to Murco
Quote:
Originally posted by pontiactrac

The reason why many of u are bringing up that (the obviously large) SUV's have bad safty rating has alot to do with the fact that being so high off the ground, that they tend to tip over alot in an accident. That would be a serious blow to their safty ratings.
Full-size SUV's usually have very stiff frames for supporting all that weight. Unfortunately, stiff frames make for very high load transfer to the occupants in a collision, hence - poor crash survivability (real-life and test results)...

Quote:
They [european cars] aren't performance cars, like honda's and other asian imports.
That is probably one f the most ignorant statements ever posted on an AF forum. My Jetta GLI posted a 14.8 second run in the quarter-mile bone-stock. Is that fast enough for you? How many Honda or Toyota ECONOMY CARS do that?
Please, tell me your kidding...

Quote:
if you arn't driving a performance car, chances are, u arn't driving fast... Therfore, what do you have to worry about an accident for? And these cars, not being performers, can put all their effort into safty to appease the family consumer. So who really cares about a mini then. Now if i am racing in a RSX type s or a mustang, im probably tearing up the road and that makes safty that much more important.
I was wrong... This is even more ignorant. You don't have to be "tearing up the road" to be concerned about safety, a 30 mph impact decelerates your body at 9.2g's! I would MUCH rather take a hit in my 201hp Jetta than in my Camaro, even with it's roll cage, 6-point harnesses, and fire suppression system. And I'll take a Mini Cooper S over any RSX or Civic...
Old 03-27-2003, 04:34 AM   #110
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Murco

I was wrong... This is even more ignorant. You don't have to be "tearing up the road" to be concerned about safety, a 30 mph impact decelerates your body at 9.2g's! I would MUCH rather take a hit in my 201hp Jetta than in my Camaro, even with it's roll cage, 6-point harnesses, and fire suppression system. And I'll take a Mini Cooper S over any RSX or Civic...
DUUUDE... where have you been??? That conversation about the volkswagon is ancient history, did you bother to look at my reply that said i was impressed. Keep up with the flow of the conversation or don't even bother posting. We already established the point that the Volkswagon's 1/4 was better than expected, instead of calling it ignorant, keep up with the present topic.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:59 AM   #111
RACER D12
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RACER D12
European cars OWNJOO :ylsuper

Lindsey Boost Enhancer, Blitz EBC, Hot Air Intake, Koni Yellows
Old 03-27-2003, 01:43 PM   #112
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by RACER D12
European cars OWNJOO :ylsuper
im glad you are content with your own conclusion... but it isn't the only one
Old 03-28-2003, 03:54 AM   #113
NSX-R-SSJ20K
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NSX-R-SSJ20K
French and Italian (other than ferrari and lamborghini) suck

its fact the cars are just crap :o
Old 03-28-2003, 06:00 AM   #114
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Quote:
Originally posted by Spyk
This is a joke right first doler for dolr nothing touches the vper and zo6 now s/c r turbioo any of out top caar and for the 1,000.000 gt1 11.1 hell my Ws6 can run dor to door with it now... and handling.. Gee Ac cobra in the 60 did 1.2 g's.. the zo6 and viper 11.02/ 1.04 stock.. and many heavy muscle car can not only beat and out top end .. i knew you get their pepele forgerLPE 26 mph 0-60 in 2 second and he used a used vette so 30 +45 is 75 for a car that can demolish any Import on the planent for a fraction of the imports cost

DOMESTICS RULE

Imports are reamers.. also ineriors are far and away caught up to the best imports.. but really who care if its 20 % lessattrative interior give me leather power everything comfortable supportive(laterally seats) and nice carpeting and dash layout ad i'm happy
1. WTF?!?!? That wasn't very coherent, but I managed to make sense out of some of it.

2. A Viper costs nearly $80,000. Dollar for dollar you can make a car kill a Viper for that price in the 1/4 mile. Now I am a Mopar enthusiast, and I love the Viper, but it isn't the best deal on the market and neither is the Z06.

3. Just because you get high numbers on the skidpad doesn't mean that you automatically handle better than a car with lower numbers on the skid pad.

4. Your post is a flame and is trying to start shit. Stop! We are trying to keep this civil and we don't need people making asinine comments like this.

As for my own opinion about this. I like and dislike individual cars. I don't car where they are made and I don't care who made them. It is different for ever car for me.

Oh and Cbass. My friend’s Porsche was trashed. He treated it like crap; I was just using it as an example to give you a hard time. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did given the way he drove it. I once raced him in the GTC, I blew his doors off.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:29 AM   #115
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Polygon

1. WTF?!?!? That wasn't very coherent, but I managed to make sense out of some of it.

2. A Viper costs nearly $80,000. Dollar for dollar you can make a car kill a Viper for that price in the 1/4 mile. Now I am a Mopar enthusiast, and I love the Viper, but it isn't the best deal on the market and neither is the Z06.

3. Just because you get high numbers on the skidpad doesn't mean that you automatically handle better than a car with lower numbers on the skid pad.

4. Your post is a flame and is trying to start shit. Stop! We are trying to keep this civil and we don't need people making asinine comments like this.

As for my own opinion about this. I like and dislike individual cars. I don't car where they are made and I don't care who made them. It is different for ever car for me.

Oh and Cbass. My friend’s Porsche was trashed. He treated it like crap; I was just using it as an example to give you a hard time. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did given the way he drove it. I once raced him in the GTC, I blew his doors off.
Actually he did stop, that was written almost 3 pages ago. although that's a good thing since i disagree with him completely.
Old 03-29-2003, 06:15 AM   #116
Spyk
Banned

Funny i ran a 15.03 in my Sentra spec V bone stock on a cool florida night.. as far as someones admitin that his 14.8 Jetta ONCE ran that time mean nothing its consistency and the bottom line fact is tq to weight ratio favors the Sentra.. "eco box" as he would put it.. praytell why a Jetta and not the much more engineered Passat?????

VW arn't that fast there are rare occasion.. where one is faster than the rest.. as far as his statement he'd rather be in the Jetta than his Camaro.. perhaps if the Camaro Had 'AIRBAGS" ..

Bottom line we all have a preferences.. and in real world situation impact occur all all different angles thus decelaration forces can occur at odd angles making the best laid plans of engineers mute

what has happened in the last 15years is engineers are making cars right at the limit they are needed because theey have CAD and other programs to identify the limits needed.. in the furher past cars wer made as stong as they could because they engineers didn't know the limits they needed.

When it comes to performace America hands down.. doller per doller NO one can touch the American V8

Funny how ( and i won't use my Ws6) a trans am of 01-02 breeding with pushrod and live axle .. could nail 66mph in a 600ft* slalom a .89 g and still run stock low low 13's all day with more than a adequate interior.. for mid 20's
and i've owned and like the imports both European and Japanes..
But unlike my patrioc friend i don't support the old Axis powers economy
FERRARI I WOULD BUY ALONG WITH A SKYLINE... BUT AS YOU CAN TELL FROM MY SIG my blood belongs here in the USA
Old 03-29-2003, 07:35 AM   #117
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
Quote:
When it comes to performace America hands down.. doller per doller NO one can touch the American V8
but dollar for dollar, can an american v8 car touch the quality and workmanship of a german engineered car, or japanese high end car, for that matter?

cheap plastic abound in the US cars. all over. sorry.

if the quality and workmanship of an american car with a v8 was as high as some german cars and japanese cars, the price tags would be considerably higher.

some of us buy our cars for all around nice ness, as opposed to some super high end car that's poorly built.

one question...

what does america have to match the amg and M line of cars? nothing.

and consider another issue...

bmw's m3 is compared to the corvette often.

the m3 is simply part of the 3 series line, competing with a purpose built sports car. i'll take engineering excellence any day.
Old 03-29-2003, 10:16 AM   #118
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Spyk
Funny i ran a 15.03 in my Sentra spec V bone stock on a cool florida night.. as far as someones admitin that his 14.8 Jetta ONCE ran that time mean nothing its consistency and the bottom line fact is tq to weight ratio favors the Sentra.. "eco box" as he would put it.. praytell why a Jetta and not the much more engineered Passat?????

VW arn't that fast there are rare occasion.. where one is faster than the rest.. as far as his statement he'd rather be in the Jetta than his Camaro.. perhaps if the Camaro Had 'AIRBAGS" ..

Bottom line we all have a preferences.. and in real world situation impact occur all all different angles thus decelaration forces can occur at odd angles making the best laid plans of engineers mute

what has happened in the last 15years is engineers are making cars right at the limit they are needed because theey have CAD and other programs to identify the limits needed.. in the furher past cars wer made as stong as they could because they engineers didn't know the limits they needed.

Funny how ( and i won't use my Ws6) a trans am of 01-02 breeding with pushrod and live axle .. could nail 66mph in a 600ft* slalom a .89 g and still run stock low low 13's all day with more than a adequate interior.. for mid 20's
and i've owned and like the imports both European and Japanes..
But unlike my patrioc friend i don't support the old Axis powers economy
FERRARI I WOULD BUY ALONG WITH A SKYLINE... BUT AS YOU CAN TELL FROM MY SIG my blood belongs here in the USA
Sorry guys, i do have to agree with him somewhat, maybe it is my patriotic side, but the part i agree with is that i wouldn't buy german products because of there past and hypocritical present. Look at what they did to the world back then, and now they pretend that we carry the same evil that they portrayed in WWII on our liberation of Iraq. That is not the case, and is a very hypocritical believe to make others around the world try to forget about what they did. I won't put up with that and will never buy a German product, or a French product considering they have forgotten how we liberated their country and now they dont even believe the same could happen in Iraq. I know this is off topic, but i saw something in his post i can respect and relate to so i had to give my opinion. I would have no problem buying a Asian, English, Australian or many others, but if a country cant learn to support our brave troops who are fighting for the world's safty, i can't support their country by buying their goods. I wouldn't go a far as saying i will never buy from a company away from American made, but i will never support countries that forgot about september 11, and what we went through and the reason for our "not taking any chances attitude." I salute our troops. Again, sorry if this reply came as a hiatus in the flow of the topic.
Old 03-29-2003, 10:25 AM   #119
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
i'm not looking for some sort of military support.

i'm looking at cars. everyone here is. i understand your viewpoint, but that's what the off topic forum is for.

if you don't like certain imported cars b/c of their countries political views and problems, that's cool...

that's why this is AUTOMOTIVEforums.

we're talking about cars, not politics.
Old 03-29-2003, 10:30 AM   #120
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by flylwsi
i'm not looking for some sort of military support.

i'm looking at cars. everyone here is. i understand your viewpoint, but that's what the off topic forum is for.

if you don't like certain imported cars b/c of their countries political views and problems, that's cool...

that's why this is AUTOMOTIVEforums.

we're talking about cars, not politics.
instead of telling me it doesn't belong even though i already apoligized for that, you could have continued with the Domestic vs Import topic, if you had left it alone and just continued with the topic, nobody would have been bothered by it. And sorry for not know that there was an off topic thread, i haven't been here all that long.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing