Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 12:04 PM   #91
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by TDIguy

http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...d1=0&Speed2=60

Might I add the GTI weighs alot more and also more standard features
Ok, i don't really know how credible the performance statistics web page (the 2nd one) is since it listed the GTI as doing the 1/4 mile in "17.58 s @ 80.01 mph." Iv'e been on that one before and im not sure how legit. it is, it's got some outragous times on the cars that ive noticed before. it seems like a teenager put it together, but nontheless.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:25 PM   #92
TDIguy
AF Newbie

Quote:
Brad 's 2001 Jetta 13.823 @ 101.2 mph 1.94 AWW
K03
GIAC
3000lb jetta 1.8T with just chip and good driver. Thats $500 in mods.

http://www.18turbo.com/18t-quartermile.html
Old 03-17-2003, 12:30 PM   #93
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

3000lb jetta 1.8T with just chip and good driver. Thats $500 in mods.

http://www.18turbo.com/18t-quartermile.html
yea, but it doesn't do 14's stock, at least not according to the other site
Old 03-17-2003, 12:33 PM   #94
TDIguy
AF Newbie

Quote:
Ian Case 's 2002 GTi 14.441 @ 97.41 mph 2.25 AWP
K03
oem
oem
oem

BONE stock #57
Old 03-17-2003, 12:36 PM   #95
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

BONE stock #57
ok, that's good, i aint gona lie. just hard to believe for a volkswagon golf
Old 03-17-2003, 12:40 PM   #96
TDIguy
AF Newbie

Why is it so hard to believe that a Volkswagen can perform? They have been amazing performers since the intro of the Rabbit GTi. Lets not forget G40-60, Synchro, Ralley, GTX, GLI, Twin engine Scirroco, 16v GTi, VR6. They have been performers for years. And that is hard to believe?
Old 03-17-2003, 12:48 PM   #97
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Why is it so hard to believe that a Volkswagen can perform? They have been amazing performers since the intro of the Rabbit GTi. Lets not forget G40-60, Synchro, Ralley, GTX, GLI, Twin engine Scirroco, 16v GTi, VR6. They have been performers for years. And that is hard to believe?
Whoa, chill... im giving u a compliment. I don't watch rally racing stuff, im more of a drag/street racing fan.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:52 PM   #98
TDIguy
AF Newbie

I am not getting mad. Just giving some examples of past performers.
Old 03-17-2003, 01:05 PM   #99
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
Dont forget the Super Beetle!

It was good for its time of small cars..... wasnt it?

I'm just throwing out names... hahah

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

Old 03-17-2003, 01:11 PM   #100
TDIguy
AF Newbie

Quote:
In the end, our little Volkswagens--one looked upon as a relic, a scrapper looking for leftovers from the "real" competition and the other one as a "ringer," a purpose-built racecar with no street applications--took a couple of the cars to the cleaners. Overall, the 1969 Beetle beat just about everyone, humbling the doubters and overcoming the slow-VW stereotypes, and the mostly-stock 1971 Super Beetle gave the remaining challengers a run for their money, handily beating a slightly modified 2002 Subaru WRX and outlasting the Toyota Supra (who overheated its power steering and dnfed for the day). The performance of our Volkswagens surprised most all of the people there, so maybe next year they won't laugh quite as hard when VW Trends comes to compete.
http://www.vwtrendsweb.com/features/0112vwt_gforce/

Those old Beetles were handlers. Slight mods and they were monsters. I personally dont like them though.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:41 PM   #101
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

my fav is the all wheel drive passat, dash board is so hot on that thing
Old 03-18-2003, 06:49 PM   #102
JustAnuddaYoungun
AF Newbie

I wish i knew more, really im just a young ignorant child coming here to learn and chat with all you cool guys.. you know coolness buy assocition.. haha, i wasnt being sarcastic really..but i like VW's personally cant wait to get one..really looking for a jetta
Old 03-18-2003, 07:04 PM   #103
Pimpin Yoda
AF Regular

I think this is the right place to ask this question. Why is it that V8 line up against 4banger and brag about winning? I think it is kinda funny if you ask me...since most of the time the V8 doesnt win by much. I have just never heard anyone say anything about how much smaller a 4banger engine is to a V8. Sure it cost more money to fix the 4banger to get close to the v8 but you gotta give them props for making it a close match. Just my .02 worth...done mean to start any arguments...I like both and would drive either...just dont know how or why they are always put against eachother.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:11 PM   #104
Self
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Self
Quote:
Originally posted by Pimpin Yoda
I think this is the right place to ask this question. Why is it that V8 line up against 4banger and brag about winning? I think it is kinda funny if you ask me...since most of the time the V8 doesnt win by much. I have just never heard anyone say anything about how much smaller a 4banger engine is to a V8. Sure it cost more money to fix the 4banger to get close to the v8 but you gotta give them props for making it a close match. Just my .02 worth...done mean to start any arguments...I like both and would drive either...just dont know how or why they are always put against eachother.
That sure as hell came out of the blue. Definitely the WRONG place to ask this. So let's drop it where it is
Old 03-19-2003, 06:21 AM   #105
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Pimpin Yoda
Agreed with self, plus i and many others would tear that arguement apart so don't even bother

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing