Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 02:43 PM   #121
GTi-VR6_A3
H4X0R T0 T3H M4X0R

Send a message via AIM to GTi-VR6_A3
Quote:
Originally posted by Pnoi Q
The only sounds that'll impress me is that of a strong sounding v8 (you gotta admit some of them sound real good), a real BOV, or the sound of nitrous about to spray.
preachin to the choir man i feel the same way. there is a sweet ass mr2 that meets up with a bunch of honduhs at target colma on saturday nights and there are a bunch of muscle cars that meet on friday nights. the mr2's bov sounds great and goddamn hearing those v8's rev up and burn out is so kool.

-GTi-VR6_A3
Old 03-17-2003, 02:49 PM   #122
Pnoi Q
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Pnoi Q
Actually like a year ago, a bunch of people would meet in front of Fuddruckers at the last saturday of every month... Oh my goodness man! There was this Charger that roared sooo loud every single alarm possible went off! It was deafening! Another time while riding on the expressway I saw a red RX-7 get cut off by another car, downshift and fly! The sound of it's bov was beatiful!

Have you noticed though that ricer's hit on girls years younger than them!? I was on a trip with my youth group and these guys just pull up next to the bus I was riding, trying to get these 15 year old girls' numbers!
Old 03-17-2003, 03:01 PM   #123
GTi-VR6_A3
H4X0R T0 T3H M4X0R

Quote:
Actually like a year ago, a bunch of people would meet in front of Fuddruckers at the last saturday of every month... Oh my goodness man! There was this Charger that roared sooo loud every single alarm possible went off! It was deafening! Another time while riding on the expressway I saw a red RX-7 get cut off by another car, downshift and fly! The sound of it's bov was beatiful!

Have you noticed though that ricer's hit on girls years younger than them!? I was on a trip with my youth group and these guys just pull up next to the bus I was riding, trying to get these 15 year old girls' numbers!
hahah yeah i have noticed it. i guess thats all they think they can get. impress young girls like they go fast and know what they are talking about. haha my GF doesnt even care about cars...

-GTi-VR6_A3
Old 03-17-2003, 03:07 PM   #124
Pnoi Q
AF Enthusiast

To add to the funnyness the girls just pointed and laughed!!! lol My girlfreind isn't into cars that much either. Heh. Most girls can tell wether or not a person is a ricer.
-Nitrous Express Wet System
-Skunk 2 Internals
-ACT Clutch
-Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors
-Racing Hart CP-035 16x7"
-And maybe I/H/E I dunno
Old 03-17-2003, 03:08 PM   #125
GTi-VR6_A3
H4X0R T0 T3H M4X0R

Quote:
Most girls can tell wether or not a person is a ricer.
i wouldnt say that. alot alot dont know and some even are... (no offense to the girls who do know about cars and arent ricers...)

-GTi-VR6_A3
Old 03-17-2003, 03:15 PM   #126
Pnoi Q
AF Enthusiast

I guess your right. Alot of the girls at my school are motorheads though... It's cause all of their past boyfreinds were motorheads too.
-Skunk 2 Internals
-ACT Clutch
-And maybe I/H/E I dunno
Old 03-17-2003, 04:40 PM   #127
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

Haha, i bet he reved his high pitched weed wacker engine too didn't he. That is just low, using ur car to get girls cause they usually can't tell a real car from a phony. im suprised they laughed, power to em!
Old 03-17-2003, 05:00 PM   #128
Pnoi Q
AF Enthusiast

Yeah it was a 1991 civic hatch, red ext. w/ nasty purple street glow! Lolololol. The paint was chipping off too. Lol.
-Skunk 2 Internals
-ACT Clutch
-And maybe I/H/E I dunno
Old 03-20-2003, 04:10 PM   #129
Fliquer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fliquer
Blah, I wont read all 8 pages to see if Im copying someone...

My definition of a ricey car: a vehicle that, through visual or audible methods, gives the impression of being a fast car while not actually being a fast car. This could also be a car that has stickers for parts it doesnt actually have.

Visual or Audible methods of looking fast: bodykit, massive wing, modified hood, fake bodykit, fake bottle of nos, fake racing #s in the window, fake BOV, exhaust tip

Bling mods not to be confused with rice (just for show, doesnt make the car look fast): ultra-low suspension, chrome wheels, hids, leds, neons, paint, graphics, tint.
Urethane bushings in all control arms and subframe
Cone Filter
Next up: LSD

RIP #05
Old 03-20-2003, 07:51 PM   #130
mnd643
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Yeah it was a 1991 civic hatch, red ext. w/ nasty purple street glow! Lolololol. The paint was chipping off too. Lol.
wait a second....THAT WAS ME!!!!

Naaa, but it is kinda funny seein a car roll up and already knowing what the driver will look like. Small, scummy dressin, bandana wearin, pants saggin, no good burnout with nothin better to do than make hourly runs to K-mart and pep boys just to see if they have anything new in stock. In Grand Rapids I've seen an old style Cougar with a 5 ft wing comin off the back...im not kidding...we measured. And then theres the do it yourself crowd who thinks that using cardboard for the deck of the so called spoiler would look good....I shoulda set it on fire and kicked whoever's car it was in the head for even gettin the idea of it... Oh, and theres also the mixed up crowd who puts import parts on their v-8 stangs....yea I said v-8...not 6. I've seen a few gt's around here with import tips and even wings. :apoke:
Old 03-23-2003, 07:44 AM   #131
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

haha, do it yourself spoilers, that is the funniest thing ive ever seen. i continue to see them and can't help but to laugh. Seen one on a pink jetta, and a galant, a probe. and those are just one of the worse ones.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:25 AM   #132
DOHcNEON
AF Regular

another thing are those see-thru hoods. There is this eclipse with a blue one around here. stupid
JE Pistons 8.8:1 compression with eagle rods
bored .20 over
60mm TB
balanced and blueprinted engine
custom blackdog race ported head
Custom ground crane cam
Crane racing valve spring and retainers
unorthodox Underdrive pulley
AEM cam gears
MSd ignition
magnecor wires
iridium plugs
custom borla exhaust
stage 2 racing axles
Clutchmasters stage 4 clutch
fidanza lightened flywheel
17" rims
Old 03-25-2003, 04:11 PM   #133
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by DOHcNEON
another thing are those see-thru hoods. There is this eclipse with a blue one around here. stupid
Oh, i guess that is supposed to showcase their powerful Mitsubishi 4 cylinder right? That is so ricey they should be illegal.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:39 PM   #134
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KrNxRaCer00 Send a message via Yahoo to KrNxRaCer00
Quote:
Originally posted by pontiactrac

Oh, i guess that is supposed to showcase their powerful Mitsubishi 4 cylinder right? That is so ricey they should be illegal.
i DO agree that those are ricey (the hoods). but if that has an after-market turbo the size of ur head...then hell yea that is gonna be an impressive 4 banger...

not flaming...jus saying

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
2000 Acura Integra Type R (sold)
1994 Acura Integra GSR (retired/sold)
Old 03-26-2003, 09:06 AM   #135
mnd643
AF Enthusiast

Agreed. Those things get u p and move when they have the right setup..hell even stock those move...as long as they got a turbo that is....

"I bet that comes stock with a turbo and supercharger.." - The stupidest thing i've ever heard....

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing